Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you all know what I mean....
Those french and their left sided ways......couple that with those thingy arm wipers that wipe from the middle.

The drivers window doesn't get wiped as much as the other side :( Big gap next to the A-Frame.

Can I just re-adjust the wipers 'swapping' them over in their parked positions.
So the right wipes first and returns last?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have a 308 & find the wipers near on perfect. When you get as old as me & have driven some of the crap I have , everything from 1960 's Caddillac Eldorados to 1990's Leyland National buses ....you'll find there is nothing wrong with Peugeot wipers!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not that...it's when it's raining, the wiper doesn't reach all the way to the side, and it's annoying me.

The left side gets cleaned nicely..The right has a good few inches of uncleared window, and in the rain it's quite a bit of a blind spot ;)

Nowt wrong with 1990's Leyland National buses.
Used to be a bus driver myself...1960 Atlanteans with air operated wipers....Now *they* were rubbish. Frequently had to get out and wipe the window myself :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Something doesn't sound quite right there.

I have a 307 XSI hdi 136 and both wipers go to within 15mm of the edges of the screen on both sides. My 307 XSi petrol prior did the same.

The only thing that I can say is the drivers wiper is slightly shorter so doesn't go quite as far as the passenger side, but its well out of the field of vision. Maybe yours need taking off the pivot and re adjusting

That's one thing I did find - they were bloody tight and corroded on the pivots, once I cleaned the corrosion I put a bit of copper slip on - job done

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Hey Bod, you had those crap airwipers too, mine were on AEC mercury and Mandator went their own speed at best, normally fast in drizzle and nearly stopped in a downpour

·
Registered
430 Posts
I remember my old Ford Prefect had Vacuum wipers ---the faster you drove , the slower the wipers went . Used to also drive Leyland Olympians & Atlanteans --fortunately they had electric wipers --but the cab heaters never worked . Brrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
youngsters these days never had it so good. There were some harsh vehicles about for us guys to use. And no it was after the war!!! Oh nearly forgot the thread, cant say 100% cos not worked on my wipers yet but surely you must be able to move them a notch or two on the shafts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hmmmm I'll take a photo in the morning....
If you look at the centre of the windscreen at the bottom there is a little white mark tha shows what should be the correct position of the wipers.

Also if you carefully lift the wiper off ( I had to initially use a puller go get mine off) & move it up by a 'notch' at a time this will move the wiper area by as much as 10mm per 'notch'

Little tip - smear neat washing up liquid on the screen at that side, you don't need too much, just enough to see it from when you are sitting in the drivers seat. Then each time you operate the wiper, you can see exactly where they finish.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Who would have thought wipers would be such a problem? Though, I guess a lot of people take them for granted, they do a pretty important job. I just wish I had washers. Got to get round to removing the pump to test it. Though, I did find the other day that all the fuses in my engine bay were totally jumbled up. Spent half an hour sorting them out. Had a moment where I thought, 'Yay my washer pump might work now, now its got the right fuse'. Nope.

Anyway, back to topic, both ours wipe to the edge.

·
11,961 Posts
I checked mine this morning as it was raining, at the bottom of the windscreen the unwiped portion is about 3cm, at the top it's about 1/4 cm.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I never got round to taking the picture yet.
But while I was sorting my horn out before and had my toolbox out (fnar fnar). I undid it and adjusted it.

I got it closer to the edge (not as close as the other side gets), but it was very very close to the other wiper where they meet in the middle of the windscreen, and I think on a motorway they might bump into each other.
Also when they hit the park position before returning for the next wipe, they were ever so slightly clapping into each other.

So I readjusted them back lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts