Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is bleederscrews or knobs to bleed system on my 307 1.6 HDi diesel 2005...i changed waterpump and timingbelt today,and need info on bleeding system for air,and also how to get the Fanbelt?serpentinerbelt back on,cant find any adjusting or the rolling wheel is firm only a bolt in the middle,do i have to loosen up the aircond pump and tilt it or????,never seen anything like this mess...lol...frustrated....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bleeding points?????

I found one little plastic bleeder like on airvalves on the tires,its on the upper heaterhose close to the firewall,had to remove some plastic tubes to get to it.... i wonder if it can be another on the head someplace ,i know the gas engine have a little 5mm alienbolt to loosen on the thermostathousing,,...but seems like thisone had small hoses 5mm? going from head someplace and back to resouar..... well thank u to myself here then for the help on this issue...lol

·
11,873 Posts
There should be at least two bleed screws.

From the Haynes manual, Haynes says there should be one on the heater matrix outlet hose union on the engine compartment bulkhead, and one on the top of the coolant housing on the left hand end of the cylinder head.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bleeder caps

Could someone tell me where i can buy a bleeder screw cap for a 307 SW 2ltr Diesel Estate please. I had a water leak yesterday, and the Blue coloured bleeder cap has split. I can only only find one on ebay if bought together with a Thermostat housing. Like this one:-

PEUGEOT 206.306.307.406 Thermostat Housing+Seal+Bleed Screw Cap -Genuine- 1336R9 | eBay

Edited.....just noticed the cap i'm on about is arrowed on the above picture 21.9a

Regards

Hoffy

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
i couldnt find a bleed screw on my 1.6 hdi

i turned the heater up to full and run the car up to tempreture with the coolant cap off.

its been fine for 3000 miles

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Could someone tell me where i can buy a bleeder screw cap for a 307 SW 2ltr Diesel Estate please. I had a water leak yesterday, and the Blue coloured bleeder cap has split. I can only only find one on ebay if bought together with a Thermostat housing. Like this one:-

PEUGEOT 206.306.307.406 Thermostat Housing+Seal+Bleed Screw Cap -Genuine- 1336R9 | eBay

Edited.....just noticed the cap i'm on about is arrowed on the above picture 21.9a

Regards

Hoffy
use a wheel tyre cap

·
11,873 Posts

Regards

Hoffy
The part you require is:

Part Name: WHEEL VALVE PLUG
Part No: 5404 02
Dealer Price: 10p

As Monty says, a tyre valve dust cap will work, but you have to make sure you use the right type. Some are too soft, like these:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi
I have today done a service on my wife's 307 1.6 hdi I am looking on here to find out how to bleed water system as the pipes on the rad are cold and ho heat on heater. after changing water pump.
Reference your question regarding the aux belt and remembering I am not an expert just a fred in the shed. but I purchase some disc from the bay that cover the pug range and in there they show a special tool that clamps onto the pulleys and when you turn the pulleys they pull the belt on. As i did not have one of these I tightened the tension er on to the engine with the three bolts ann the I got an old shelf bracket marked it and drilled two holes in the bracket I then placed two bolts through the holes such that they fitted over the arm on the adjuster. I then put the belt over two of the pullys and the tool I made over the arm on the tensioner and pulled the tensioner arm back enough to get the belt on and it worked a treat.
Sorry its a bit long winded but it may just help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts