Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if there is any special way of bleeding brake's on 308 sw, Reason why i ask is a chap i was talking to other day said he did his starting the furthest away from master cylinder all went well till he started the car up then the brake pedal locked up.
Im going to use a presureised system ive read the haynes manual but doesnt say anything needed doing other than starting furthest away from master cylinder.
Any help offered before i start please.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally bit the bullet bled the system all went well but what i have noticed is if i keep presure on the brake pedal when the car is stationary with the engine running the pedal slowly creep's down to about halfway then stop's, Is this normal or could it be fluid getting past the seal's in master cylinder.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Think its normal, but don't quote me. Google it, because theres a test which proves the operation of the servo. Beleave it or not lol, im having similar issues with my old 306. Bleed it all using a pressure device, and like you was unsure which end of the scale to start from. Curious, does the abs Actuator on yours have a bleed screw?.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts