Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 1.4 Peugeot 207 mplay. I have recently had to change the thermostat housing and have now been advised I need to bleed the valves to stop pressure building up in the expansion tank. I'm having difficulty finding the bleed valves. Could someone advise me of where I would find these please? I've attached a picture of my engine....

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
before you go on an unnecessary crusade is your heater blowing hot air if it is the system is bled.

Some will say bleeding is essential but in reality the bleed screws are just there to speed up the process filling slowly while running and revving occasionally will do the same job just ensure the heater is working i rarely use bleed screws with no problems in many years of fixing french crap !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply...
The reason I was wanting to bleed the valves is because the expansion tank was filling up slowly whilst the engine was getting hot....is this normal?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Clue is in name the coolant will expand when hot it has to go somewhere !

Check the heater is hot if it is job done if its not rev it with the cap off till the heater blows hot then top up as needed job done

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just tested it...blowing hot :) the water in the expansion tank was in the middle of max to min to start and rose just below max once I'd left the engine running! I suppose the only way I will know is for taking it for a spin!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well that's what happened before i worked the water into the pipes, i think i had an airlock. My car was trying to stall whilst i was driving it and when i turn the engine off so much water came from under the bonnet. Turns out my thermostat went and i had a huge leak coming from it. Once id changed it, my expansion tank was filling up to the cap when i started the engine. I've managed to work the water round the pipes a bit more and it only seems to be filling expanding that much now :) fingers crossed i've done it! thank you for your reassurance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts