Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

My son recently traded in his 307 and gave his mum his CD changer.What I need to know is - Will it fit straight onto the factory fitted Clarion head unit or does it need any type of "programming"?
Cheers.

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Moose.

Greetings from sunny Paisley!.
The "Mrs" also has a 307.I'm guessing that it "should" just connect str8 onto the head unit but knowing manufacturers, sum things ain't meant to be that simple!!

Davie

·
Registered
256 Posts
From what I'm aware the multiplex computer needs to be programmed on for the cd stacker to operate, I could be wrong :confused:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi John.

I just received the cable today that I need to link the changer and the head unit (my son left his in the car when he traded it in, Doh!), so I'll give it a go when my wife gets in from work and I'll let you know how I get on.

Davie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there.

Well, I tried to fit the CD changer and it WON'T work (as John said), so it's going to cost me roughly £32 (Aus$ 76) to get it "programmed".Considering I've also just paid £12 for a cable to link it to the head unit, I think it may just find it's way onto ebay! :)

Davie

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Moose

The worst thing is, that it was the factory fitted in dash 5 CD changer and the bloody thing won't work with the factory fitted Clarion head unit unless "programmed". Typical car manufacturers, any excuse to squeeze an extra couple of bob out of the consumer!
Anyway, I'm off to Banchory for the weekend so I'll maybe hear from you later.

Davie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts