Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an egr blanking plate available for the 2.0 hdi rhy engine? Mine is playing up and i want it off.

C

·
0 Posts
I'll assume you would also like to know where to get one, as Chopper seems to be in a very helpful mood today :shame: I would advise checking fleabay as I got one for my 407 2.0 hdi for a couple of quid. :D

C

·
0 Posts
is it worth blanking off the egr..?
what are the pro's and con's..?
Nipper Have a look at these 2 threads

only EGR Related & EGR Blanking! pros & cons etc have been discussed in here

Ive seen the ebay blanking plates, will that fit as my engine is different to the pic?
Just search ebay for the correct one for your car I'm sure there will be one on there if not contact the seller as I'm sure he will be able to help you out

D

·
0 Posts
You don't need a blanking plate. Just block the rubber pipe going into the top of it.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think my egr is kaputt and causing the power to surge at low rpm's though so pipe trick probably wont work?

D

·
0 Posts
I think my egr is kaputt and causing the power to surge at low rpm's though so pipe trick probably wont work?
It will work if you seat the valve first with a vacuum gauge. No need of removal then.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
does anyone know if the plate on ebay is the right one?

has anybody got a pic of where the pipe you need to block off is?

whats the best thing to use?

any negatives with doing this?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Seaech for a peugeot 2.0 8v hdi egr blank and you will find the correct plate assuming yours is an rhy like mine.

There are no negatives really. You may get a little bit of black smoke on acceleration. Im only doing away with mine as its playing up, i do a lot of short runs at the moment. Unless yours is knackered you wont see any performance gains.

·
Registered
50 Posts
**copied from sinspeed.co.uk **

The Peugeot 307 2.0HDI EGR Removals have proven to be very successful. We offer a completely bespoke EGR Delete session for both the 90Bhp and the 110Bhp models. We’ve seen a lot of interest in this service and many people have tried this before but with not much success.

We’ve seen from online reviews and DIY’s that people have tried to just Blank-Off the EGR valve and at first, experience some excellent gains..

More Power & Performance
+10mpg gains
Better Throttle Response

But soon after, they begin experiencing problems with the EGR Valve being blanked off..

Sluggish in low rpm
Down on power & a loss in mpg
Poor Throttle Response

Why does blanking the Peugeot 307 HDI EGR Valve system cause these negative effects?

If the EGR valve is blanked off, then no exhaust gasses will recirculate back to the intake manifold and into the engine. – However, the engine ECU does not know that you have blanked off the EGR Valve, so when the Engine ECU calculates how much diesel to inject on each cycle, it will be doing so with the EGR flow included in it’s calculations.

In order to properly remove the EGR valve and stop it recirculating exhaust gasses without the negative effects as described above, you will need to have the engine ECU remapped accordingly to tell the ECU that the EGR valve is to remain shut at all times. The engine ECU will then re-calculate the injection cycle to compensate for the EGR valve being closed and thus you will experience true benefits of having the EGR valve removed.

Common Peugeot 307 EGR Valve Problems

Loss Of Power
Smoke On Acceleration
Fluttering On Acceleration
Poor Fuel Economy
Hesitation & Missfire
EGR Flap Position Faults
EGR Related Fault Codes
Engine Management Light On
Limp Mode

Benefits Of Peugeot 307 EGR Delete

Increased Throttle Response
More Power & Better Performance
Gains of +10-15mpg in Fuel Economy
No More EGR Related Faults
No Need To Replace Or Repair – Ever!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Common Peugeot 307 EGR Valve Problems

Loss Of Power
Smoke On Acceleration
Fluttering On Acceleration
Poor Fuel Economy
Hesitation & Missfire
EGR Flap Position Faults
EGR Related Fault Codes
Engine Management Light On
Limp Mode

Benefits Of Peugeot 307 EGR Delete

Increased Throttle Response
More Power & Better Performance
Gains of +10-15mpg in Fuel Economy
No More EGR Related Faults
No Need To Replace Or Repair – Ever!
I see blocking it off gives you more mpg, could this be my problem?
My 2.0 hdi 90 is crap on fuel ie £30 worth I only get around 160 miles around town (my xsara Picasso was better)
How many miles on £30 should I be getting?
Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I get between 350-400 miles on £50 and thats with mostly urban driving, 600+ on a full tank. Average on trip computer is always 38mpg+

1 - 20 of 27 Posts