Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I might blank my egr valve Is there any benefits from do in this other than slightly cleaner inlet

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Cleaner engine, cleaner oil, smoother running, some say better mpg. Mine is blanked and runs fine.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
More or less yep. Dont know your model but with the 1.6 HDI, the air filter ensemble, fuel filter, and some wiring connectors need moving to allow your hands access to work. It,s hiding behind a bunch of stuff, you can see it but can't touch. The 2.0 is easier I believe, but try a search top of page, lot's been documented on it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2.0 110 hdi on a 02 plate which I was given which I was pleased with till I drove it and it was in limp I have unplugged mad sensor which improved it and stopped anti pollution fault coming up on the HUD cleanse dpf with a hose pipe cleaned the sensor an that improve it immensely but sometimes it boosts then it lifts off by itself dump valve or waste gate whistles then it boosts again any ideas on that

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
my 1.6hdi 110bhp is blanked too. it gives no issues except a occasional air flow too high fault. this doesnt throw up the eml

i did it mainly to help with cleaner oil. the oil that comes out of these engines is like death

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I have a 2.0 110 hdi on a 02 plate which I was given which I was pleased with till I drove it and it was in limp I have unplugged mad sensor which improved it and stopped anti pollution fault coming up on the HUD cleanse dpf with a hose pipe cleaned the sensor an that improve it immensely but sometimes it boosts then it lifts off by itself dump valve or waste gate whistles then it boosts again any ideas on that
It would need a planet/diagbox scan to see what codes its showing. Guesswork can be costly. Planet maps lists members willing to scan for you, you can negotiate on fees if any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts