Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 E7 taxi 2.0 HDI 16V, As above, since taking out the egr blanking plate and fitting good replacement EGR valve, when hard accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gear I get a blast of black smoke, seems to be just as the turbo kicks in around 1700rpm. It used to do this before I blanked it off so it's not new. Anyone suggest if this is normal or what causes this. there's plenty power and the engine only uses about 1/2 ltr oil a month which is about 1500mls and fuel consumption is 32mpg stop start driving in city.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Under hard acceleration in 3rd gear last night, cab lurched and then EML came on and anti pollution fault on screen, engine recovered and still drove ok. Plugged in code reader and said excessive turbo boost. 1st time this has happened, could this be related to the black smoke thing above.. and what could cause excessive turbo boost....anybody???

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Under hard acceleration in 3rd gear last night, cab lurched and then EML came on and anti pollution fault on screen, engine recovered and still drove ok. Plugged in code reader and said excessive turbo boost. 1st time this has happened, could this be related to the black smoke thing above.. and what could cause excessive turbo boost....anybody???
Try put a new air filter in and see what happens

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New filter fitted, old one was choked with muck and leaves. Was only changed about 5000 miles ago but just shows you :confused:

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
black smoke on a diesel is either not enough air (blocked air filer, maf not reading properly, turbo not spinning properly) or too much fuel ( bad injector or a wiring fault.....)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is your intercooler filling up with oil or condensation ?
No, I had the bottom hose to the intercooler disconnected recently and only sign of oil was on the walls of the hose if you dragged your finger over it. Your finger was black but not wet by any means and when I disconnected the hose, no oil dripped out.

·
Registered
273 Posts
normally turbo overboost is a sign of sticky vanes in the turbo. a leak in the intercooler system will cause black smoke and a loss of power. black smoke under hard acceleration in them things i find is quite normal. why did u unblock the egr valve?.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had replaced the egr valve with a new one and just decided to leave the blanking plate off. No other reason than that but there was def less smoke when egr was blanked off and emissions were well within limits.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2.0 16v hdi, always smokes a tad under a heavy bootfull, however you say your using 1/2 ltr oil a month on 1500 miles? That would concern me, mine has 186k now, I do on average 6000 miles a month and hardly uses any oil between services, (12000 miles) maybe 1/4 litre if that.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts