Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 200 model diesel HDi 806. I did have a MOT last month and they said I need to have a full service because of too much black smoke; so I did. ( I did have a service just 6000miles before..!!). Anyway, now , I have done only 500miles, but black smoke is too much, again. When you press accelator bit harder, the amount of dark black smoke coming out makes road black color...What's wrong with it..? Any seriouse trouble..? Pls help...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Was the air filter definately replaced? Any air flow restriction will cause this problem.
whip it out and take a look mate as it is the easiest thing to check;)
If it is clean then could be an injector/pump/EGR problem as black smoke is caused by too much un burned fuel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told that he has changed air filter as well. Any way I way i will double check it.
If the problem is with other thing as you said, will it be expensive to repair..?

·
Registered
406 Posts
cost for injector reconditioning is around £120 per injector on an exchange basis!, pump=£££, not sure about EGR.
If air filter is clean then get planet hooked up to it and see what it comes up with as this would show up the EGR.
Does it start ok?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sorry for a big gap...I was not well for last two three weeks; so couldnt do anything..
Now, I have checked air filter...its looks very good..a new one...? What to do now...??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took the EGR valve off and long pipework attached to it. Was as clean as a whistle (well a light dusting of carbon was wasnt work cleaning it off!

Was a bit miffed as car hesitation getting worse and black smoke getting ridiculous behind me.

Next alternative was to check out the cat as the car had been over filled by previous owner so might have got baked onto cat matrix. Well bits of it were falling out already and wasnt sure what i was looking for so I used a hammer and chisel and removed the whole thing!

Now much better, more responsive. Smoke stopped but every now and then it hesitates and i get the smoke again. Any ideas what might cause this intermittent black smoke thang?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Injectors need to be looked at next. Am i right in thinking you just punched through the particulate filter????????

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yep, the CAT is no more. It was falling part anyway. It certainly one way to take it out of the equation!

Is there anyway to test the MAF with multimeter?

Anyone near Sheffield with Peugeot Planet - ODB2 doesnt work:(

·
Registered
16 Posts
806 Black Smoke

Just to say that every year at MOT time I have the same problem. I spend the year pootling around obeying speed limits, with the consequence that soot builds up nicely in the engine, exhaust, rear bumper, everywhere.

Try this:
Check your timing belt's in good nick (changed within the last 40K miles?), then take the car along to the nearest stretch of motorway, and just hammer the engine - 3rd gear, foot hard down. Look in your mirror and watch the cars behind disappear from view. If you do this a few times, the whole system gets cleared out, and smoke levels fall to within the MOT limit. I think the MOT is needlessly stringent, but it not going to get any less so. This seems to be the solution, certainly it has been for my 806, in addition to new air and fuel filters, and a periodic treatment with diesel fuel additive. Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts