Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it me when ever come back to car and been a little sunny even when put silver reflective thing against windscreen it seems to be a lot warmer inside
than red rav4 I had
could it be black roof on sunset copper GT Line 1.2

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
is it me when ever come back to car and been a little sunny even when put silver reflective thing against windscreen it seems to be a lot warmer inside
than red rav4 I had
could it be black roof on sunset copper GT Line 1.2
Black is the most absorbant colour with white being the least of course so it's possible.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got to say the Pan Roof is excellent, opens to a nice big "hole" cools in seconds, sun shade works a treat, and enough different opening options to cover most situations,one of the better upgrades if not standard ( this is for the benefit of prospective members to 3008 club !!!)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Got to say the Pan Roof is excellent, opens to a nice big "hole" cools in seconds, sun shade works a treat, and enough different opening options to cover most situations,one of the better upgrades if not standard ( this is for the benefit of prospective members to 3008 club !!!)
Totally agree, the pan roof is a great addition. My last car had all black interior with no sunroof and it was very dark inside. Works a treat this.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Not a 3008 but my black 308 can get unbearably hot inside when parked in very moderate temperatures even for a short time.

A white or silver car will be a fair bit cooler though would still be hot if parked in direct sunlight on a hot summer day (any one of the half dozen summer days we get in the uk).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mythbusters on the discovery channel did a black car vs white car contest and they proved that the black car actually gets several degrees hotter in the sunshine...:nod::nod:

I lived in the middle east for several years and owned a black car only once :eek:...most of em are white for a good reason .

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a black roof on my white 3008 and I used to open all 4 windows at once with the remote key..so before I get to the car it cools down a little. :thumb:
than I leave it open with the AC on for a while during the first minutes of the drive.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I also found it very hot inside the car after a sunny day. I also found the metalwork on the steering wheel very uncomfortable to touch as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.