Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all I get the oil and filter changed every 6 months or 6000 miles just had oil and filter changed today and the mechanic asked me when the car was last serviced?i told him every 6months or 6000 miles its a Peugeot combi on a 06 reg with 49000 miles on clock, my question is why does the oil get so black and horrible its the 90bhp no dpf and gets 5 30 fully syn oil?:eek:

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's normal I think. Our 1.6 also has an oil and filter change every 6000 miles. Did a forte engine flush last time too. New oil went black pretty much straight away. Same for a lot of diesel engines.

·
11,873 Posts
Every single diesel I've owned has had fresh oil go black in a matter of days. Nothing to worry about.

Google "why does diesel oil turn black" for the reasons why.

·
Registered
522 Posts
tyvm for reply's any one using 2 stroke oil in diesel and if you are does it keep the engine cleaner inside?
On a previous forum (Landrover) many members used two stroke in their TD4 (BMW) engined Freelander, many members raved about reduced noise and improved fuel consumption. In my opinion it's just a waste of money and you would be better off paying for premium grade diesel from one of the Oil company majors who spend a fortune developing additives for the modern day common rail injection engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts