Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pearl white get line which is pristine, but I have been outside looking at the black trim on the pillars (and black detail between front and rear passenger door) I think my dealer's valet went to town on these when cleaning and they are FULL of swirls. Not so much the roof, but the pillars seem really quite bad. Anyone else noticed this? Also dumb question, but I am assuming this is paint and not some sort of gloss plastic? Just tried a little meguiars ultimate compound on them and didn't seem to touch it. I would be interested if anyone else has observed anything similar or help me with the best product to fix it...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Just had a look at mine, no swirls, doesnt seem like plastic except for the black beside rear window. I polished and waxed my car with autoglym products an the day i got it and gotta say the black is gleaming

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine had some very light swirls when I got mine but sorted it with some 50cal cover up glaze. It's the best filler product I've used. The ultimate compound you used doesn't have any filling properties to fill in the swirls. Autoglym SRP does a good job but not as good as poorboys black hole or 50cal ?

3008 1.2 GT Line Pearl White

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine had some very light swirls when I got mine but sorted it with some 50cal cover up glaze. It's the best filler product I've used. The ultimate compound you used doesn't have any filling properties to fill in the swirls. Autoglym SRP does a good job but not as good as poorboys black hole or 50cal ?

Excellent, thank you I will give it a try!

·
Registered
420 Posts
If you use a filler, then the swirls will be back in less than a month. You have to use a DA or rotating polisher and polish the swirls away. Piano black on B-pillars use to be extremely soft on most cars, so everyone have/will have swirls there. I guarantee it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you use a filler, then the swirls will be back in less than a month. You have to use a DA or rotating polisher and polish the swirls away. Piano black on B-pillars use to be extremely soft on most cars, so everyone have/will have swirls there. I guarantee it.
Not necessarily, depends on how many coats of filler you use, sealant and correct washing technique. A quick coat of filler every couple of weeks will keep it looking tip top.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Not necessarily, depends on how many coats of filler you use, sealant and correct washing technique. A quick coat of filler every couple of weeks will keep it looking tip top.

Fillers won't do anything for swirls other than filling already existing swirls. The swirls are still there - just not visible the next few times you wash your car.

I've added a detailed picture of the paint of my 4 year old car when it is completely stripped of polish and wax. It's one of several I added to a detailing forum after my last job this winter. As you probably can see I know a thing or two about washing a car with care ? I still have swirls on the piano black B-pillars.

So far I haven't even seen brand new cars without swirls.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Paint swirls

Hi Guys...Now this is a good thread, informative and detaiied responses, no waffling. I am hoping to hear about delivery this week, and told dealer NOT to valet my car before collection because of this problem.He was not happy but insisted, and will be giving good inspection before inspecting it:thumb:

Sorry also, I dont know how to post a like, so Im not being discourteous

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hi Guys...Now this is a good thread, informative and detaiied responses, no waffling. I am hoping to hear about delivery this week, and told dealer NOT to valet my car before collection because of this problem.He was not happy but insisted, and will be giving good inspection before inspecting it:thumb:

Sorry also, I dont know how to post a like, so Im not being discourteous
Did the same with mine, don't think they get those requests very often!

3008 1.2 Man GT Line Pearl White (41.3mpg)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Swirls on paintwork

Just read, my reply, meds must have kicked in.....should have read...dealer insisted, but I told him no way if he wants me to drive it away....so he is just going to pressure wash it......gently!!!!! so it will be clean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.