Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You close my thread because I asked for alink for some software by PM when they is mods selling the soft on here.... And selling the clone hardware too?

P

·
0 Posts
You close my thread because I asked for alink for some software by PM when they is mods selling the soft on here.... And selling the clone hardware too?
Were you not happy with the offer from Trustme? Fairly generous of him i thought.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that's why I said thanks and I'll keep it in mind. My car is not running and I need to sort it at the weekend hence needing the software to download.

Anyway some very helpful members have sorted it out.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I have the software on disc and on a seperate backup drive ( cant be too careful) mind you its available on torrent sites

Mind you the software I got with mine is a nightmare to install but I cannot seem to find the updates for Diagbox beyond about 30 so may well splash out on a software update disc from one of the websites advertising it

not much good though if you do not have the original install disc in case of PC crashes

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the software on my laptop for a few years, when I bought the cables I was sent a link that no longer works, just never thought to back it up.

Ive download loads of copy's form torrent sites but everyone has had passwords one.

I've got pp2000 and diagbox now. I'm going to upload them to my Dropbox account and share them with who ever needs them.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Not really hypocritical, rather very astute by ensuring the future of the site. The site cannot be seen to be condoning or aiding the distribution of this software whether being sold or given away for free. If the site owners / admin are notified that a post might infringe copyright then they have to be seen to be taking action. If they aren't notified then they are unaware of the activity and so won't know that action may be required.

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
I understand that fine.

But why is a mod allowed to sell the soft on DVD for £5?
Very true so on that note the next person from this point sharing/asking for software or hardware on this site will result in an immediate BAN :thumb:

Everyone Happy Now :lol:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not trying to be personal with you mate.

Just couldn't understand why I wasn't allowed to ask for help over pm. Wasn't asking for links to put in the forum for everyone man and his dog to see

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The £5 would be to cover the cost of disks and postage so not actually selling the software per se. I accept that in the eyes of the plod it would be classed as selling the software but a guy covering his costs to help someone out is acceptable in my book. Like I said if a post generates a notification from someone then action will be taken. If another similar post doesn't generate a notification to the site admin then they aren't aware that action needs to be taken. Luck of the draw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts