Peugeot Forums banner

Bipper lowering, suspension mods.

21K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Gekaioff 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know people have discussed this issue before. But although people have quoted Corsa D springs fit. Is there a lowering kit for the bipper? Including shocks? Or is the Corsa springs the best solution. If you've already dropped your bipper what did you use?
Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

#3 ·
Hi, no luck at the moment, I've pick up a nice set of 17's which once lowered will look spot on. Ive also purchased new speakers: door replacements, 6x9s and a little 8" sub and amp. Unfortunately, I'm doing the house up, so the van is a slow project. May even sell the van and get the mpv version as the tip need permits.

#4 ·
Hi everyone,

I know people have discussed this issue before. But although people have quoted Corsa D springs fit. Is there a lowering kit for the bipper? Including shocks? Or is the Corsa springs the best solution. If you've already dropped your bipper what did you use?
Thanks.
Hi, did you have a go with corsa d springs? I currently have a set of corsa springs 60/40 as I read on here a few people had done it. But realised when coming to fit rear springs the travel on rear damper means the spring just fall back out.

#6 ·
Hi Craig,
No I haven't lowered the van yet. Havent been using the van for last 5 weeks, with the coronavirus and working on my house, so van is put on hold. To be honest may consider selling it and getting either a 206/207 sw or partner outdoor.

Have you resovled the issue on the back springs?

#7 ·
Hi, hopefully I have, spoke to a guy who had lowered the fiorino with 40mm corsa d springs. He said he replaced back shocks with zafira b ones as they are the right fitment but just need some extra spacers as the bottom bolt is to long otherwise. He said he used some spacers of the shocks on a mk2 punto. Also had to chop the cup inside rear spring to stop it bottoming out. Sound like a of messing but I have zafira shocks arriving tomorrow. So will se how it goes. Apparently for springs fit no problem but after around 12 months the shocks were weeping a little so hes looking at coilovers.

#14 ·
Hi, hopefully I have, spoke to a guy who had lowered the fiorino with 40mm corsa d springs. He said he replaced back shocks with zafira b ones as they are the right fitment but just need some a spacers as the bottom bolt is to long otherwise. He said he used some spacers of the shocks on a mk2 punto. Also had to chop the cup inside rear spring to stop it bottoming out. Sound like a of messing but I have zafira shocks arriving tomorrow. So will se how it goes. Apparently for springs fit no problem but after around 12 months the shocks were weeping a little so hes looking at coilove
Hi, hopefully I have, spoke to a guy who had lowered the fiorino with 40mm corsa d springs. He said he replaced back shocks with zafira b ones as they are the right fitment but just need some extra spacers as the bottom bolt is to long otherwise. He said he used some spacers of the shocks on a mk2 punto. Also had to chop the cup inside rear spring to stop it bottoming out. Sound like a of messing but I have zafira shocks arriving tomorrow. So will se how it goes. Apparently for springs fit no problem but after around 12 months the shocks were weeping a little so hes looking at coilovers.
This will not work the back springs just fall out

#9 ·
Well I replaced my shocks last year as old ones were knackered. And the new ones came with some some spacers so I'm going to try those. It's all been hard work with what's going on having to order something to find I need something else to make it work so having to wait a few days each time I order something, but as I'm not using the van and wont be for a few more weeks its ideal time. I will let you know how I get on tomorrow.
Bit of a long shot but dont suppose you have either topped up or changed gearbox oil on yours have you?

#12 ·
Hi all new to the group but stumbled on this thread while looking into lowering my Nemo.

So I got hold of a set of Corsa D springs with a 40mm drop and fitted them up. Fronts are perfect, rears just bottom out on the shocks and the dampers resulting in no rear suspension at all.

I took a trip to the local scrap yard and salvaged a pair of rear Corsa D springs and fitting cups off a standard looking Corsa. I then found a set of zafira rear shocks and paid £25 quid for them. The zafira shocks work (they're about 60-80mm shorter) but one of the eyelets requires a bolt with a larger and shorter shank. For now I've just used the Nemo bolt with a couple of penny washers done up nice n tight (seems to be holding ok so far) I ditched the 40mm drop springs and the Nemo bump stop/spring cups and fitted the standard corse springs n spring cups to achieve what I feel is the perfect ride height. The van now handles and drives like a car it's spot on but I wouldn't recommend carrying heavy loads in the back. I use my van for mountain biking so it's perfect for me. I'm looking into other shock possibilities with the correct size eyelets but if I can't find anything I'll prove the set up out with a few thousand miles, if all's good I'll swap the scrap yard parts out for new ones 👍

The Nemo is currently sitting on a set of 16s off a fiat bravo with ET31. I got these to trial wheel and tire size before I splash out on some alloys. I'm quite liking the ratty look of the old steels though so might stick with them for a bit. Time will tell. Hope this helps any one looking into lowering there van.

#13 ·
Hi all new to the group but stumbled on this thread while looking into lowering my Nemo.

So I got hold of a set of Corsa D springs with a 40mm drop and fitted them up. Fronts are perfect, rears just bottom out on the shocks and the dampers resulting in no rear suspension at all.

I took a trip to the local scrap yard and salvaged a pair of rear Corsa D springs and fitting cups off a standard looking Corsa. I then found a set of zafira rear shocks and paid £25 quid for them. The zafira shocks work (they're about 60-80mm shorter) but one of the eyelets requires a bolt with a larger and shorter shank. For now I've just used the Nemo bolt with a couple of penny washers done up nice n tight (seems to be holding ok so far) I ditched the 40mm drop springs and the Nemo bump stop/spring cups and fitted the standard corse springs n spring cups to achieve what I feel is the perfect ride height. The van now handles and drives like a car it's spot on but I wouldn't recommend carrying heavy loads in the back. I use my van for mountain biking so it's perfect for me. I'm looking into other shock possibilities with the correct size eyelets but if I can't find anything I'll prove the set up out with a few thousand miles, if all's good I'll swap the scrap yard parts out for new ones 👍

View attachment 93375 View attachment 93376

The Nemo is currently sitting on a set of 16s off a fiat bravo with ET31. I got these to trial wheel and tire size before I splash out on some alloys. I'm quite liking the ratty look of the old steels though so might stick with them for a bit. Time will tell. Hope this helps any one looking into lowering there van.
If you want fiat 500 Abarth wheels fit👍🏻

#15 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
It won't work back springs just fall out
Hi Craig,
No I haven't lowered the van yet. Havent been using the van for last 5 weeks, with the coronavirus and working on my house, so van is put on hold. To be honest may consider selling it and getting either a 206/207 sw or partner outdoor.

Have you resovled the issue on the back springs?
It won't work

#17 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
Front lowering springs corsa d 45 by 60 will fit but not the rear ones they just fall out and you will be left with 30cm of suspension at the rear till you hit a pot hole and you will have nun as the back springs will just pop out its all lies

#21 ·
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
Fair play, if you could let me know how you get on and once fitted how, they perform. Have you got some spacers/washers. Have you thought about shorter bolts?
It doesn't work back shocks rattle like a bucket of bolts and the back springs just fall out and it will not pass mot
Hi, did you have a go with corsa d springs? I currently have a set of corsa springs 60/40 as I read on here a few people had done it. But realised when coming to fit rear springs the travel on rear damper means the spring just fall back out.
Yes an Zafira b rear shocks will rattle like a bucket of bolts lol as the bottom bolts are to long and thin and when you hit a bump the spring will just pop out and it will not pass mot

#27 ·
It doesn't work back shocks rattle like a bucket of bolts and the back springs just fall out and it will not pass mot

Yes an Zafira b rear shocks will rattle like a bucket of bolts lol as the bottom bolts are to long and thin and when you hit a bump the spring will just pop out and it will not pass mot

As per my post just use a few penny washers on the lower bolts and nip them up nice n tight, I ran my shocks like this for 6 months with no issues or rattles. Eventually I got round to turning up some top hat inserts to fit into the shock eyelet to fit the bolt with out need for washers. I didn't need to do this the washers were working fine, just looks neater now.

#29 ·
Hi everyone 👋

I watched this forum before lowering my Bipper. As a result, I installed a custom air suspension and this is how it turned out
Wheels installed without any spacers and wheel gap in rear now near 5mm

Hope that I could help to answer some questions about lowering bipper ;)

Wheel Tire Car Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Window

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

#30 ·
Hi everyone 👋

I watched this forum before lowering my Bipper. As a result, I installed a custom air suspension and this is how it turned out
Wheels installed without any spacers and wheel gap in rear now near 5mm

Hope that I could help to answer some questions about lowering bipper ;)

View attachment 109019
Do you have anymore info on this? What air suspension you used and what size tyres you ran on the fiat wheels?
Cheers