Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want a roofrack as my bikes are too heavy plus it would be too high. I assume the doors opening would affect my being able to use a rear mounted rack.

Can I use one, anyone have one? I dont mean one a tow hitch one, but one I can strap onto the rear bumper etc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I was previously looking at the Saris Bones and I like it a lot. I am not sure as the doors on the 1007 open past the rear of the car and I was wondering if a bike or 2 was on the back would this affect the doors opening properly or would they bang against my bikes and damage them :confused:?

The 1007 is a cool car (never thought I would say that) but I have grown to love it. It is a really quirky car though and has its foibles :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, you are right, i took a closer look at your pic and its well away from the rear of the Nissan.

Thanks for that, much appreciated :). Yours is the first pic I have seen of the Bones that shows clearly what it might look like on my car and becaue the rear of the 1007 is flat then it wont be as elevated as yours but still far enough away.

I like your red one, I need one of those for my red 1007, better than a boring grey one

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Its not my car its someones on qashqai forum my cars silver but the bike carriers they do colours to match the cars .

This was his post

Hi all , just purchased this bikecarrier ( SARIS Bones 3 ) which fits perfectly on the Qashqai ( and my wife's C4 Picasso).
This is a great alternative to having a towball-type carrier , no expense for towball fitting unless you use it for towing other things.
Really easy to fit and dismantle and the struts can be placed on the boot sill or as pictured below.
The guys I bought it from was extremely helpful and claims to be one of the biggest suppliers of Saris cycle carriers in the UK.
Includes FREE shipping.Smile

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the Saris Bones 3 in the end, in what my partner calls a puke green colour :).

I havent used it yet as although we have owned the 1007 about 2 years I have only just realised the top part of the tailgate is glass so am worried about using the middle and top metal clamp things and then the glass shatters when I go over a bump or something.

Anyone used a rack like that, are my concerns unfounded?

C

·
0 Posts
Every year I go to 3 or 4 incidents where this strap on rubbish has failed and dumped cycles all over an inevitably fast road ( they rarely fail in slow traffic for some reason).

Get a tow hitch fitting, or secure them properly on the roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts