Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi follks

currently running 215/35/18 on my 207 and just received new rubber which are 215/40/18..... low profile not good comfy ride!

question is this.... would or should the wheels need realigned with a bigger profile tyre? Its around 0.4inch of a difference on each side wall more so guess that raises the ride height a touch.

seen that if changing suspension height you should realign them, but what about in this case where its the ride height due to tyre change?

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
hi follks

currently running 215/35/18 on my 207 and just received new rubber which are 215/40/18..... low profile not good comfy ride!

question is this.... would or should the wheels need realigned with a bigger profile tyre? Its around 0.4inch of a difference on each side wall more so guess that raises the ride height a touch.

seen that if changing suspension height you should realign them, but what about in this case where its the ride height due to tyre change?
i would be more worried about speedo being wrong

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been slightly off anyway as it's set for 205/45/17 as OEM.

Checked on pp2000 and diagbox and can only change the wheel size down not up lol

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
You won't have changed the suspension settings simply by fitting larger tyres, so no, you won't need the alignment checked.
But you might need to keep a close eye on your tyres for uneven wear. The oversize wheels and tyres will impose a greater load on the steering and suspension components than standard size ones.

Roger.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its had oversize wheels since about 2008 so steering and suspension components all fine over the years.

it even had 20" rims at one point, not good for getting power down lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts