Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

In the morning, I start the car and most mornings it is fine, but some mornings it isn't.

This morning, started it and after about 10 seconds, it felt like I was sitting on a washing machine it was vibrating that much. Started driving it and it was stuttering through the revs, hardly accelerating, and sounding terrible. I then pulled the car up and there was a smell coming from the car, hard to describe. Called out the breakdown service because the car was hardly moving. But, as usual, when the mechanic got to me, the problem had subsided. So far, I have taken the car to three garages and each time they couldn't find the problem even though it had been happening minutes before. The Peugeot garage couldn't find anything and they had the car for two days. I was told this morning that it might be a fuel pump problem, but the Peugeot garage said they had checked that and there was no problem.

This is beginning to get frustrating now as whenever it happens, I take it somewhere and by the time they come to check it, it has stopped and therefore they can't see anything wrong with the car.

It only seems to do it first thing in the morning and once the engine has warmed up to a good temperature, it stops.

Can anyone help??

·
Registered
862 Posts
It be worth having a look at the engine mountings.Its possible the engine might be actually moving on it's mountings, this being the case and it moves towards the bulkead, the accelerator cable will have some play,that would lead to you losing power. The exhaust would be put under strain from the manifold downwards. the engine being loose would lead to an increase in noise. When the fault self corrects it may be because the engine has moved forward on its mountings. I may be wrong but its worth checking.check the bolts are tight and that the bushes havent perished,also look for any signs of corrosion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
if your problem is the same as mine it is not an engine mounting problem, mine does the same.
My problem :cold start engine starts fine and runs fine for about 1 min then starts to missfire (shaking car/engine/exhaust) then puts management light on stating anti polution fault/catalitic convertor fault I have had the codes read and it states random cylinder missfire I have changed the plugs and the coilpack but still have the fault,(dealer parts) cat is new as is exhaust, I just can't shift the problem my last thought is lamba sensor but not sure any ideas???

Car is: 03 206gti 2.0l 134hp (petrol) manual 40k
any help appreciated:D

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.