Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people!

In january I had to give away my 407 because the gear box was broken. Before giving it I take out the sat nav, the screen and all that stuff and a picture the vin number to be able to get the code to put it on another car. Silly me, I have lost the VIN number with my phone, and without it, the radio is no more than a unuseful piece of metal. I wonder if any of you could help me to get the VIN with the registration number (I have the V5C/2 that the scrap yard gave me at the moment to give it away to proof my previous ownerswhip). I contact the DVLA, peugeot in Kirkaldy, the scrap yard, lots of websites to get the VIN with the reg number and all this was improductive. If there´s someone among us that can help me, I would be eternaly grateful. Have mercy on me!

Thanks in advance!

·
5,994 Posts
When you refit it to a vehicle you can read vin direct from the head unit with planet and recode to new vehicle

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Hi people!

In january I had to give away my 407 because the gear box was broken. Before giving it I take out the sat nav, the screen and all that stuff and a picture the vin number to be able to get the code to put it on another car. Silly me, I have lost the VIN number with my phone, and without it, the radio is no more than a unuseful piece of metal. I wonder if any of you could help me to get the VIN with the registration number (I have the V5C/2 that the scrap yard gave me at the moment to give it away to proof my previous ownerswhip). I contact the DVLA, peugeot in Kirkaldy, the scrap yard, lots of websites to get the VIN with the reg number and all this was improductive. If there´s someone among us that can help me, I would be eternaly grateful. Have mercy on me!

Thanks in advance!
What is the reg number, I may be able to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts