Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

Got a '53 plate 2.0 petrol xsi. 138bhp standard but could do with bit more oomph!!

Any ideas without going too extreme??? Summat i can do fast??

Cheers

·
Registered
862 Posts
tyger1111 said:
Hi people

Got a '53 plate 2.0 petrol xsi. 138bhp standard but could do with bit more oomph!!

Any ideas without going too extreme??? Summat i can do fast??

Cheers
Usual things panel filter or induction kit,throttle body,striaight through exhaust. To be honest none of these will hive you much if any bhp gains will sound louder/better but thats about it. For some real power increases you are looking at head skimming and re-mapping the ecu etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
2 liter 138 bhp... how much more do you want? your car should be good for 140+:eek:
if the pull and speed is not enough i would suggest either a suzuki GSXR1000
or a honda fireblade. Then you'll find out what speed and power is all about :nod:

·
Registered
1 Posts
bhp increase again...

I'm the proud owner of a '51 plate 406 1.8 petrol... love the car, quite fast, but not fast enough mate... I really want to do smth about it... The backside of the car seems so high above the ground that I feel like I'm gonna fly and land upside down when taking 'some' curbes...

And it won't go more than 120 mph and I need to struggle to get that out of my car. it's embarrassing to drive on the m`way and go like 110 mph and see guys driving jags and beemers going past u, coz the engine will not give me more...
otherwise, it's good in the city... i just get creamed by Audi TT's and stuff..

cheers :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you can sell it in the US...you might get a better deal. Getting it here takes about 2500. Once here...you have to find the market to sell it. Otherwise...see if Carmax will take it. You may end up getting a better amount for what its worth.
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts