Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only recently purchased a 308 hdi (2013) with 40k on it. I've got message 'Engine fault repair needed ' followed by the engine management light on. I took it a blast on motorway thinking it was dpf related and the light is now off. I'd like someone here in NI to plug it in check it over. 'Bettyswollocks ' seems to be the man.......so if you're reading this could you contact me please...... I can't pm yet.
Thanks 308nut

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I've only recently purchased a 308 hdi (2013) with 40k on it. I've got message 'Engine fault repair needed ' followed by the engine management light on. I took it a blast on motorway thinking it was dpf related and the light is now off. I'd like someone here in NI to plug it in check it over. 'Bettyswollocks ' seems to be the man.......so if you're reading this could you contact me please...... I can't pm yet.
Thanks 308nut
Not saying it's the same thing but I recently had the same show on my car albeit a 2011 model. Connected Diagbox to the car and there were lots of errors showing on most of the systems. In my case it was a failing battery. It's a common thing when the battery is on it's last legs it cannot supply the demands of the electrical system and when the voltage drops it causes the ECU's to register false errors. Yours may be a completely different problem but the battery would be my first suspect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for your reply storeman. Hopefully its nothing too serious, if it was a battery it wouldn't be too bad. Hopefully a local member will contact me with Peugeot planet and can narrow things down for me rather than taking it to someone with a generic diagnostic reader.
Thanks 308nut

1 - 10 of 10 Posts