Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from the GT waiting times that will hopefully improve soon, to me it seems, with March orders now being delivered to customers, that lead times are possibly improving to about 12 weeks.

I wonder if the orders are now beginning to 'level off' or the extra shift that was introduced last month is making a real difference.

Hopefully Peugeot can now, with Alacantra being offered, catch up with GT orders too.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Without doubt I would agree with you Paul that it makes perfect sense to hope with Peugeot adding the extra shift it should in turn improve lead times.
My only concern is whenever things like this are put into place it can be at the expense of errors. Changing routines, extra shifts etc are often seen by the workforce as an act of aggressive production.
An unhappy team coupled with extra stress and change is never the mix any company should wish for.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Redundant news for a lot of us Paul, you included I’m very pleased to say :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have no idea what you are talking about. I ordered my car in february and I'm still waiting for it to be built :lol:

·
Registered
420 Posts
What have you ordered Agmuns?.
Colour etc?.
GT-Line, 1,6 petrol, EAT6, Platinum Grey, Focal, Nappa leather with massage and extended leg support, TomTom, glass roof, electric tailgate, QI charger, reverse camera, ACC, rails, sport pack, keyless and some other things I don't remember.

Edit: I looks like Peugeot don't care much about the Norwegian market. Very early on I saw a few 3008's on the roads, but it have stoppet. It's the same cars I see every day (no new licence plates). However, I was in the Netherlands a week ago and there were 3008's everywhere in the business area I stayed at (and it was not a Peugeot dealer in the area :p ). Since you seem to have a 2 month delivery according to this thread, it seems that Peugeot deliver cars faster to the bigger markets (like England and the Netherlands).

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
The opening statement was
Apart from the GT waiting times that will hopefully improve soon
So the way I read it - the original post specifically excluded your car from the generalised statement.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The opening statement was So the way I read it - the original post specifically excluded your car from the generalised statement.
You might want to read it again :p I ordered the GT-line.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
You might want to read it again :p I ordered the GT-line.
No need to read it again - I read it fine first time round.

Everywhere you look for info on the 3008 they talk about the GT and the leasser GT-Line as virtually one and the same thing with virtually the only difference being the GT-Line hasn't got the more powerfull engine as the full fat GT. From one site....
In the full-fat GT, all of these little touches are designed to work with the more powerful motor to deliver a special-feeling and sportier drive. In lesser GT-Line cars, the styling tweaks are more about making people think you've paid for a more powerful car with GT Line badging, a redesigned bumper and 18-inch two-tone wheels.
So the way I see it - my first reply is extremely valid.

·
Registered
420 Posts
No need to read it again - I read it fine first time round.

Everywhere you look for info on the 3008 they talk about the GT and the leasser GT-Line as virtually one and the same thing with virtually the only difference being the GT-Line hasn't got the more powerfull engine as the full fat GT. From one site....So the way I see it - my first reply is extremely valid.
So you have read on a forum that the GT and GT-Line are the same = it's a fact? :lol: I guess you also see the Access and Allure as the same model as well?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Our only diesel choice is the GT apparently, so I guess they've been stocking up for au export......sorry about that.:)

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
So you have read on a forum that the GT and GT-Line are the same = it's a fact? :lol: I guess you also see the Access and Allure as the same model as well?
Perhaps you really need to read the response properly. I never mentioned reading anything on a forum nor did I say they were the same. Please get your facts straight before trying to put down forum members. As far as the Access and Allure are concerned - no mention of those until you brought them into the equation.

Try googling the difference between the two and virtually every result will class them as being basically the same not exactly the same!

·
Registered
420 Posts
So you have read on a forum that the GT and GT-Line are the same = it's a fact?
I guess you also see the Access and Allure as the same model as well?
Perhaps you really need to read the response properly. I never mentioned reading anything on a forum nor did I say they were the same. Please get your facts straight before trying to put down forum members. As far as the Access and Allure are concerned - no mention of those until you brought them into the equation.

Try googling the difference between the two and virtually every result will class them as being basically the same not exactly the same!
Show me then.

I think you are being confused about the fact that the different markets get different standard equipment. However, the GT were delayed because of wood interior. GT-Line have cloth interior.

It makes no sense that the GT-Line should be delayed and not Allure and lower trim levels. You get the same options on all top three trim levels.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
@Agmuns

My last response as it appears you are merely trying to troll me using flamebaiting tactics and I am not going to bite. So far I have been responding as a normal user and not as a moderator but that can soon change. Your responses have been very pedantic to say the least. It may simply be down to the differences in language but it has to be said that your command of the English language appears to be far better than some English people I have come across (compliment intended).

I have already shown one instance of both the GT-Line and the GT being classed as almost the same car in the quote I gave earlier. I googled using the search term 'what is the difference between the Peugeot 3008 GT and 3008 GT-Line and all the top results considered them to be so close as to be classed as almost the same car. The quote I used listed the lower powered engine in the GT-Line as being the major difference. It comes across to me that Peugeot considers the GT-Line to be in the same class as the GT hence the use of GT in the model identifier. Otherwise why use GT at all?

I see no difference in this as with say a BMW - the M5 is still a 5 series but has all the tweaks that give it the M badge - it doesn't stop the M5 being a 5 series.

·
Registered
420 Posts
@Agmuns

My last response as it appears you are merely trying to troll me using flamebaiting tactics and I am not going to bite. So far I have been responding as a normal user and not as a moderator but that can soon change. Your responses have been very pedantic to say the least. It may simply be down to the differences in language but it has to be said that your command of the English language appears to be far better than some English people I have come across (compliment intended).

I have already shown one instance of both the GT-Line and the GT being classed as almost the same car in the quote I gave earlier. I googled using the search term 'what is the difference between the Peugeot 3008 GT and 3008 GT-Line and all the top results considered them to be so close as to be classed as almost the same car. The quote I used listed the lower powered engine in the GT-Line as being the major difference. It comes across to me that Peugeot considers the GT-Line to be in the same class as the GT hence the use of GT in the model identifier. Otherwise why use GT at all?

I see no difference in this as with say a BMW - the M5 is still a 5 series but has all the tweaks that give it the M badge - it doesn't stop the M5 being a 5 series.
Thank you I guess.

As you have mentioned; the GT-Line and GT is claimed to be almost the same. What I say is that if the GT-Line and GT are almost the same, then all the trim levels are almost the same. The only difference between the Allure and GT-Line (not GT) are some chrome bits, a dark roof (inside the car) and the Sport pack comes included (option on Allure). Just to clarify: I'm talking about the Nordic specifications. I have understood that the Allure in England comes with a little less gadgets as standard.

The reason the GT was delayed was because they could not deliver the wood inside the car. That problem got fixed as soon as they changed to cloth (like all the other trim levels)

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
With no offence intended, I guess the Nordic regions get less coverage than the larger european markets and so the differences in specifications are less widely discussed. With the main sales markets being the likes of the France, Belgium, UK and the like the majority of media coverage will be centered around the specifications as delivered to that market. This is why I said nearly all commentary as opposed to all commentary.

Despite the possible differences in trims between the various markets, if Peugeot do indeed align the GT & GT-Line then any delay to one will impact on the other meaning if the GT production is put on hold it is not beyond expectation the GT-Line will also suffer from a hold while they continue or increase production of a lower spec model. I know that Peugeot have made a mess of the launch of thie new 3008 by failing to anticipate it's popularity along with unexpected and unavoidable delays due to a fire at a suppliers plant which has caused disappointment with customers who will no doubt have some anger at the apparent incompetence on the part of PSA. Unfortunately I'm not one of those customers as the model is beyond my reach at the moment so I don't have any personal biases that affect my responses.

I delivered my first response not blindly but after looking at many online resources which led me to the conclusion (which I stick by) based on multiple sources that the two models are to all intents and purposes - the same model line with one being better specced than the other. Much like Ford did back in the 70's with one car being the GL and a slightly better spec car being called the GLX (GL extra) - both belonged to the GL line of trim level. I think you may have misunderstood my point of view just as I've missed the fact that the GT-Line you get in Norway could well be different to the exact same model in the UK hence your stance on it not being the same as the GT.

Guess we should settle on a compromise that we are probably both correct given the differing contexts we are basing our points of view on :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Interesting article about how Peugeot can't seem to employ enough people to fill the gaps in 3008 production:

Peugeot sochaux recherche désespérément 450***techniciens - Le Parisien
Translated version here, OK any page coding errors its fine...https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fm.leparisien.fr%2Feconomie%2Femploi%2Fpeugeot-sochaux-recherche-desesperement-450-techniciens-15-07-2017-7135761.php&edit-text=&act=url

Nearly 2000 Euro a week their offering and they cant get staff....wow

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 48 Posts