Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys what's the best wax or stuff to use on my new 3008 were you get that showroom look were it shine like a mirror. I been on YouTube, but you can tell there just trying to sell there product, if you know what I mean. any ideas or what's work for you. let me no cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I usually go to an auto car wash and use their "premium" option.

It's cheap and easy to apply :-D
And my car is shiny as new (till it gets dirty again).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MsTerry lovely colour but do you mean a normal car wash, don't you get swirl marks because black car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought one of amazon one called Collinite 845 Insulator Wax
because I was looking on YouTube anyone tried it I just want to make sure if there's anything better out there I heard of autoglym I never used it I think they have that in Halfords I will have a look at that on YouTube cheers :thumb:

·
Registered
160 Posts
MsTerry lovely colour but do you mean a normal car wash, don't you get swirl marks because black car
Whatever I tried results in some marks, visible dust, etc. after a day or two, so I stopped bothering. I just go to a car wash every now and then, ask for wax and I am done.
It' my first black car and the last one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I heard about that stuff mime ceramic coated what's the name of the one you used? is that right
first wash it
the use a clay bar
then ceramic coat it
and then wax it
does it work

·
Registered
542 Posts
I heard about that stuff mime ceramic coated what's the name of the one you used? is that right
first wash it
the use a clay bar
then ceramic coat it
and then wax it
does it work
Umm to have the Ceramic Coating done on the 3008 in the UK costs around the 1000 to 1200 mark, its very time consuming to apply it and must be done in panel sections like small sections.

These are the steps I would take. I am assuming you have a machine.

1. Wash
2. Chemical decontamination (ironx)
3. Mechanical Decontamination (clay)
4. Test spot -> with the least aggressive combo do a test spot to let the paint tell you if you need to get more aggressive. For example test spot with Essence on a polishing pad or your favorite polish. Move to a compound if you desire more correction and then finish with a polish.
5. Paint Prep (Eraser)
5. Coat (TiO2 or UK) -> 2 coats max
6. Coat with Gliss -> allow 4 hours from the last coat of the base coating.
7. Maintain

I like to use Essence as my polishing step prior to applying either UK or TiO2. It will add durability and enhance gloss.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wouldn't buy that price :eek:
that what you said how its done,
is more for older cars don't forget am talking about a new car.
the dealers are starting to offer these stuff when buying a car for around £300 pounds I thought at the time its a bit like gap insurance just trying to get more out of you. the one I keep seeing popping up is called CarPro CQuartz CQUK I seen it on the net for about £50 pound

Nate what's the names you use is one called CarPro Essence Extreme Gloss ? and the other names

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Led007007
can I ask what did cost you and I seen on the net it does look good the dealers said it stops scratches and swirl marks is it true on the net some say it stop things like break dust sticking thing like that

·
Registered
209 Posts
Autoglym Rapid Aqua Wax 👌🏻

Its relatively cheap and easy to use.

Clean the car with a good shampoo, spray each panel a couple of times whilst wet, a quick wipe down with a microfiber cloth, then dry with another cloth.

Comes up showroom every time and takes no time at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts