Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Planning on changing front & rear brake discs and pads on my 307.

Does anyone know any places where you could grab a decent set for less?

So far have contacted a few local motor factors and done a few searches online and euro car parts seem to be cheapest?

Eicher branded seem to be the cheapest range at euros, are they any good?

NOT copper greese but the anti squeel brake pad greese that euros sell, can that also be used on the brake sliders

Thanks

Adam:thumb:

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
If the discs are seperate to the hubs makes sure you can remove the screws that hold the discs to the hubs. On my 2004 307 the rear discs were part of the hub so got a set complete with bearings and ABS rings. I never got round to replacing the front discs as The screws were so tight they had been chewed up prior to my owning the car. I had the discs (still got them) but couldn't fit them as I couldn't get the screws out. Was going to drill the heads off then use grips and heat to remove the screws once I had the new screws in hand. Bought the screws from my local dealer but on the way out I stopped to look at the cars for sale and went back in to put a deposit on my 308.

If you are near to me and the discs are the same you can have them along with the screws for £15

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the discs are seperate to the hubs makes sure you can remove the screws that hold the discs to the hubs. On my 2004 307 the rear discs were part of the hub so got a set complete with bearings and ABS rings. I never got round to replacing the front discs as The screws were so tight they had been chewed up prior to my owning the car. I had the discs (still got them) but couldn't fit them as I couldn't get the screws out. Was going to drill the heads off then use grips and heat to remove the screws once I had the new screws in hand. Bought the screws from my local dealer but on the way out I stopped to look at the cars for sale and went back in to put a deposit on my 308.

If you are near to me and the discs are the same you can have them along with the screws for £15
Many thanks guys fro your replies :thumb:

sadly my rear brake discs are without the bearing type otherwise i would have accepted your offer.

Going to try euro car parts for the items.... Is there any discount/ promo code offered to us pug members?...after all we are Peugeot fanatics :D

Adam

C

·
0 Posts
Don't know any codes for ecp but carparts4less is the same company but online only and saveme75 will get 7.5% off, you'll just av to wait for the delivery.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
It's the front discs I have. I fitted the rear discs in 2014 as they were badly corroded but decided not to go ahead with the fronts seeing as I was trading it in for the 308 last May. I lost the receipt so couldn't take them back.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's the front discs I have. I fitted the rear discs in 2014 as they were badly corroded but decided not to go ahead with the fronts seeing as I was trading it in for the 308 last May. I lost the receipt so couldn't take them back.
On my 307, the front and rear discs are without the bearing type.

By any chance do you know the part number for the front discs so i can cross reference... What make/brand are the discs and have you got the brake pads to go with them :)

Thanks
Adam

1 - 12 of 12 Posts