Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wee 1.4 207 (07 plate) woke up this morning and had disabled its ABS.

Now it recently had a service (at a peugeot garage, stamped), then a tyre replaced (backstreet outfit).

I'm thinking the tyre replacement has went wrong and gubbed something, but I'd rather check the diags before giving over to peugeot if there is something wrong. I watched boy change the tyre and it was no bother at all.

Just wondering if there was a recommended seller from the forum (long time lurker) who I'd be best going with. Or if there's a kind soul in cambuslang who can has a diagnostic already.... ;)

Cheers,
Pete

D

·
0 Posts
Get a proper peugeot diagnostic done. The abs ecus give trouble on the 207 and it is most likely that.
As I said diagnostic check first, go from there.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah OK. I'll try and get them to link the fault to recent service, avoid paying the £80 for them to hook it up to the diagnostic tool then.

Do know you if the ECU is an expensive fix? Not that there's many cheap ones I guess....

Cheers,
Pete

Get a proper peugeot diagnostic done. The abs ecus give trouble on the 207 and it is most likely that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Just called them there, they wont check it for free as service was a week ago and whatever they did as part of the service wouldnt affect the ABS.

They want £90 to hook it up to the diagnostic machine, think I'd be better off ebaying one for £30 and taking a look myself first. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wouldn't fit a secondhand one as they give trouble and you'll probably be buying someone elses grief.

Yeah David, I'll definetly get a new part. Labour costs in garage are too dear to risk fitting 2nd hand.

I've only had this car since August last year and have to say there's been no end of bother with it.

Actually I just emailed the arnold clark outlet with a list of whats been done. See what happens from there. Doubt I've even put 6k miles on it since purchase, perils of buying used cars but expect major organisations to sell you cars that are fit for purpose :)

bleh, just usual whinge from someone who's got a bill coming.

Cheers David, appreciate your time.

Pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You`ll be needing one of my "original" interfaces :lol::lol:
Ah, you selling these and the software betty?

I took it back to cambuslang tyres who checked their wheel out and said it was fine, gave me number of local garage and guy put his machine on it for a tenner.

Rear left abs sensor, which by co-incidence is the tyre they changed. Left thinking if I'd let arnold clark replace the tyre at MOT maybe sensor would have gone then and they'd have had to pay for it!

Anyway Terry is going to order the part and let me know how much to sort.

Thanks everyone for their help and advice. Least it's not the ECU or something hideously expensive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Has the part been checked and confirmed faulty before you put a new part on? It could have just been unplugged.
Actually you're right, no he didn't physically inspect it. Was quarter to 6 when I arrived, he had hung back to run the tester on it.

I'll try and find some instructions for it, I've seen other models where you need to drop the petrol tank to get in there. I'm no mechanic, that sort of thing would be beyond me.

But if its relatively simple you're right I should give it a crack.

Cheers Gibbo

·
12,095 Posts
ABS sensor is a relatively easy fix. Just take off the wheel and its behind the hub.

If the gap is more than 1mm then you'll get an ABS error.

And there's a push-click connector just by the wheel arch for it.

I'd check these things first as they're free.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ABS sensor is a relatively easy fix. Just take off the wheel and its behind the hub.

If the gap is more than 1mm then you'll get an ABS error.

And there's a push-click connector just by the wheel arch for it.

I'd check these things first as they're free.
Well bizarrely it fixed itself. The error went away yesterday morning and its been fine since.

I'll pop wheel off at the weekend and check connection is firm. I did go through a large puddle on Saturday, coming back from homebrew shop, so maybe that disloged something for the sunday?

Anyways, thanks for the advice and tips.

The local garage are OK with it too, thankfully they hadn't ordered the new sensor yet.

Much appreciated :)

Pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
slippery when wet

Heh no sensor error when conditions are dry, as soon as the rain started though up it popped. Should have jacked it up and checked behind the wheel on Saturday!

cie la vie. There's always next weekend ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts