Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars going in on monday to have both ball joints replaced but my man has quoted me at £85 for the part plus fitting saying they are OE quality and not the cheap crap that you can buy. The thing is whilst they are OE quality that seems a bit steep so im wondering if anyone can advise on cheaper but still decent alternatives?

C

·
0 Posts
This is also on my to do list.

Been looking around at prices as I'm going to do them myself, but I have heard some stories about cheaper ones and also garages not renewing the bolts. As in car going one way and wheels the other. I generally price up at europarts and gsf think I was quoted around £65-70ish. I've seen them on ebay for £25 seller is in York. Close enough to go and complain!!!!
But as I've usually got my kids in car it's one thing I aren't going to be tight about.

J

·
0 Posts
£85 parts is basically buying them direct from Peugeot - they charge £90 each. If he isn't getting them direct from Peugeot, then he is paying far too much for other branded parts.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
£85 parts is basically buying them direct from Peugeot - they charge £90 each. If he isn't getting them direct from Peugeot, then he is paying far too much for other branded parts.
Yeah i thought it was too much too hence me asking about alternatives. Hard to tell but ive been under the car and both actually look ok with no rust as in Trems pics and i only get a slight knock from the OS but they have done 32k now. :confused: Maybe something else?

There was a guy on 407owners who bought some proper pug ones off ebay for £30 a side in Feb though that seller no longer seems to be around :rolleyes:

J

·
0 Posts
I wouldn't just have them done because you think it might be them - get them checked by someone else first. I too have an intermittent knock from front O/S yet I've had it into Peugeot and all has been checked as OK and no play at all, incl. steering and all suspension, yet the knock is still there. I had ball joints done 10k miles ago, and they are still perfectly fine, yet still get this knock, so it doesn't have to be them that is causing you the problem.

C

·
0 Posts
Cars going in on monday to have both ball joints replaced but my man has quoted me at £85 for the part plus fitting saying they are OE quality and not the cheap crap that you can buy. The thing is whilst they are OE quality that seems a bit steep so im wondering if anyone can advise on cheaper but still decent alternatives?
OE quality is dreadful, so that's not much of an advert for the parts he's fitting.

J

·
0 Posts
Maybe telling you how to suck eggs, but watch that website - they don't include any VAT until the checkout!

·
5,071 Posts
ther not the same as standard BUT should be better as they dont have the stupid rubber boot that lets the water in, oh and the price is right as well :lol::lol:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Had my car to my mech today and it turns out the drivers side ball joint and wishbone bush are fubar'd but are perfect on ths nearside so had to order one and both are getting done on friday.

Anyone else had one of these fail?

J

·
0 Posts
Similar wear to mine then (ball joints that is).... drivers side knackered, and yet passenger side still OK. Had both done at the same time, but that was just so they could be done under the short warranty I had. I presume the drivers side wears more just due to the fact there is always a driver but not necessarily a passenger to even the load/wear... brake pads on my 306s were just the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts