Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant find the best oil to use for this.

I think the car currently has 5w40 oil in there according to my dealer.

But which one can I use exactly?

Any that I can buy in UK?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used Total Quatz INEO ECS. It's 5w30 and i found the info on the official Peugeot website. This guide recomended 5w40 as wel but does not remember brand.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just got some for my 1.4 petrol this morning.(5w 30 fully synthetic)
Use this link. Shell Helix Ultra Professional AF 5W-30 5Ltr

Put Halloween10 in coupon box and get another 10% off on collection.
P.S. At my local branch (Doncaster) they had an offer on the Triple QX 5w 30 fully synthetic at the counter £11.99 for 5 litres.
Great price but unsure of spec for your Pug.Might be worth ringing up your branch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just got some for my 1.4 petrol this morning.(5w 30 fully synthetic)

Put Halloween10 in coupon box and get another 10% off on collection.
P.S. At my local branch (Doncaster) they had an offer on the Triple QX 5w 30 fully synthetic at the counter £11.99 for 5 litres.
Great price but unsure of spec for your Pug.Might be worth ringing up your branch.
Thanks.

Can I use any 5w30 engine oil? or do I also need to look out for the ACEA as well?

I dont know what ACEA oil is in my engine at the moment.

Also can I use the 5w30 oil to top up my engine which currently has 5w40?

·
Registered
202 Posts
As long as the ACEA code is as recommended by Peugeot
http://www.peugeot.com.au/media/deliacms/media/3/305-df583b.pdf
then the oil is o.k. to use.
I've realised that not all 5w 30 oils are the same as they are developed for different types of engine,diesel,petrol,high performance etc.
Your Pug should need and ACEA A5/B5 category so the Shell oil I mentioned should be fine. Shell Helix Ultra Professional AF 5W-30 - Shell Global
Hope this makes sense.:thumb:

A little light reading for you. http://www.acea.be/uploads/publications/2012_ACEA_Oil_Sequences.pdf

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As long as the ACEA code is as recommended by Peugeot
then the oil is o.k. to use.
I've realised that not all 5w 30 oils are the same as they are developed for different types of engine,diesel,petrol,high performance etc.
Your Pug should need and ACEA A5/B5 category so the Shell oil I mentioned should be fine.

Hope this makes sense.:thumb:
Will this one be fine (5w40 a3/b4)?: engineoildirect.co.uk/5w-40-shell-helix-ultra-4l?gclid=COG69tKX5cgCFafnwgodnJkA-A

Or can I just top up my current 5w40 with the 5w30 you mentioned?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Aye up mate,
If I were you I'd personally get the 5w 30 oil from europarts and change the whole lot (about 4ish litres)and fit a new oil filter while you at it.Then if,like my car that seems to use a bit of oil (same as mini one engine) you've got some left to keep topping up.
The oil you've shown is o.k. for some but not all 207 engines whereas the 5w 30 is o.k. for all if it meets ACEA C2 or A5/B5.

A little more light reading. http://www.driverstechnology.co.uk/oils.htm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts