Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my engine and gearbox soon models 1999-2003. Looking especially at the 2.5 TD to use in motorhome. 1.9 TD or 2.5 D offers less power. Any advice on quality and reliability of these engines? Durability of gearboxes too. How much can a reconditioned gearbox be bought for? I'd like to find out as much as pos before I make my move!

Many thanks

D

·
0 Posts
The engines are pretty good but the gearboxes are very weak. They cause alot of problems eg hard to get into gear, grinding in numerous gears.
As i write this im taking a gearbox out of a citroen relay! :what:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've noticed loads of vans being sold with knackered gearboxes. Are they expensive to replace? Good luck with your relay!

D

·
0 Posts
Id recommend a full rebuild. Should keep it going for a while longer. Problem with campers is they're so heavy and put alot of strain on gearboxes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full rebuild would be ideal and that on recon units they only replace the parts that are obviously faulty. The engine I'm getting rid of is petrol, I've assumed the gearbox is not compatible with a diesel model? Sorry if it's a stupid question!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts