Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm being picked on by my other half because my Rapier doesn't have the fancy display bit for mpg, how much fuel is left and such and such. I have no idea what it called, I just know our Xsi has it and the other half has chosen to use this to wind me up. :mad:

If some are a little confused about what I'm on about, its the thing that circulates when you press the button on the end of the wipers stalk.

Was this an add on for the Rapier and a standard thing for the Xsi? :(

I might be evil and rip his out! :lol:

But seriously, could I fit one into mine as all cars are basically the same its just plugging it in and doing the shitty job of getting it to work with the car, right?

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
yes you can retrofit, there is guides on this. basically you need planet and to find out if you have the PCB or ribbon type.

but personally id get mine fitted and then bust my partners :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is gonna be easier to have peugeot fit it? Now I got some promise of some work, I don't mine waiting and saving up for it, as I could get some other stuff done at the same time.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
they might do but they tend to not like it and give you alsorts of reasons not to do the work. they will say you will need a new comm unit and labour that involves taking the steering wheel and airbag off etc...rip offs.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Here is what to do you will need a screwdriver and a torch and good alarm clock to get up about 3am then just swap number plates and there you go in car computer instant :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts