Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where where the beeper is located (307cc) that generates the beep sound that accompanies any errors displayed on the multifunction unit? Its very hard to make out where the beep is coming from. I think it might be the instrument panel but would like to be sure before I attempt to remove it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
.........Don't worry, its a long standing roof related issue, nothing that will cause damage to the vehicle. Its just that failing to get a satisfactory fix from Peugeot and not being able to get to the bottom of it myself, the beeping is now so intense, driving anywhere is worse than Japanese water torture. I just need to get rid of the beeping until the weather is better/wife can do without the car/I can schedule a good week etc to strip the roof, wiring and switches and finally find the offending item.....

so...... anyone know where the actual source of the beep is located?

P

·
0 Posts
.........Don't worry, its a long standing roof related issue, nothing that will cause damage to the vehicle. Its just that failing to get a satisfactory fix from Peugeot and not being able to get to the bottom of it myself, the beeping is now so intense, driving anywhere is worse than Japanese water torture. I just need to get rid of the beeping until the weather is better/wife can do without the car/I can schedule a good week etc to strip the roof, wiring and switches and finally find the offending item.....

so...... anyone know where the actual source of the beep is located?
Chances are its the speaker in the comms unit. Be easier to fix the problem then tamper with that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chances are its the speaker in the comms unit. Be easier to fix the problem then tamper with that.
Ahhh man if only that were true.

If you think you can help I would really appreciate it but Ive had 2 dealers have the car already for 2 hours a time and both failed to find the fault.

All they could tell me was car never shows fault codes so nothing other than stripping down roof and replacing each m/s switch then roof ECU etc etc until fault goes is an option. As they estimate this at 10 hours work @£95+ per hour with no promise of fix at the end that just aint an option I'm afraid.

I've bought Lexia & PP2000 to check the fault code status myself and can confirm there are never any faults registered. Ive tried getting someone to wiggle all the wires that are roof related and can be got to while the diags connected in the hope of triggering something to no avail.

Ive taken the car in to the dealer while the car bleeping like a lunatic even when stationary and had them connect up the diags and they dont even get any fault codes registered then either.

I've manually cycled roof, which occasionally gets rid of the beeping but the fault either comes back within minutes or doesn't go at all making this no longer worth doing. Doing a full cycle open/close used to get rid of the problem too but now I cant cycle the roof at all as it just says" roof mechanism faulty" or "load cover not in place" which I know isn't correct because it used to claim that before then 2 seconds later the roof would open close fine until 5 minutes down the road then start the whole roof movement not completed error crap and accompanying beeping and telling me the mechansim was faulty again then it would work fine and so on.

I've removed checked continuity on all wires I can get at/trace without removing roof, I've wiggled them trying to find any break/short both with PP2000 connected hoping for some kind of code, nothing ever shows.

I know its not the load cover m/s or the front pass side m/s, and as it does it with roof completely up and roof completely down I don't think its the 4 m/s on the paddles as these are in 2 pairs one each side and I think 2 operate when roof open and other 2 operate when roof close so it it were one of these I would expect the fault to only occur while roof up only or roof down only?

I'm not sure if there is a m/s in the boot catch and not sure how to test that one but the boot closes perfectly and if checking that one were easy I would have expected the dealer to have done that and found the problem?

I cant find any other switches so bar stripping the whole lot down and checking every wire, switch off the car I dont know what else to do. I simply cant risk nearly a grand with no promise of fix.

The beeping is about every 3 seconds sometime bursts of 5 in 1-2 seconds Might not sound a big deal but I can tell you its torture so Id just be happy to shut that off right now until I can take a week off and get to the bottom of the problem.

As I said, if you think you can help fire away cos Im ears wide open :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts