Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday morning 6.30am heading to the airport 3 beeps flash of the Stop and Oil light, thought low on oil so stopped and topped up ( always carry oil and coolant) , 5 mins later 3 beeps and Oil Pressure Insufficient comes up , drive on stopping every so-often to check oil -
make it home ok ,

so far i have changed oil sensor still 3 beeps

took sump off checked for blockage still 3 beeps

changed coolant sensor still 3 beeps

took out oil filter and checked still 3 beeps

took reading for codes ( launch system) no codes still 3 beeps

buying better oil tomorrow ,see if that helps(using 5w 40 the last 20,000miles always used 10w 40 before that, think i`ll go back to it)

and the oil pump is throwing oil up and car running fine,

Anything i missed or any ideas?(don`t want to change oil pump for the beeps to stay and i still think it`s not the oil pump)

G

·
Genuine oil filter? When i were in t'trade, back in model T days, the most common cause of oil pressure problems was pattern filters.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stubbo yes there is two , and chopper you get the prize ,

change to a dearer oil (Shell 5w 40 ) and change filter 200 miles today , sweet as a nut.:D

( Thank F*ck):lol:

G

·
Good result Swollocks! If nothing else, you haven't got to worry about a service for a while now.

I never use anything except OE or high quality atermarket, mainly MAHLE or Purflux.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will be using good oil from now on and as for service, only 12 weeks away -never mind thats what you get for doing 1000 miles a week.:(

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some pictures of my weekend

The filter in the sump and arrowed the dipstick tube.
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle

Bottom view of sump oil filter
Auto part Wheel

Vehicle Car Subcompact car City car

Got my broken dipstick back (not my ciggies)
Font Signage Auto part Sign

After a good clean
Sink Kitchen sink Plumbing fixture

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE- Effing Beeps are back, 1 week and 1000 miles they are back ,

Totally stumped , must be electrical,

Can the running temp of the car affect oil pressure , car seems hotter but not reading hot on the gauge !!!!!!

Must try and find someone to pressure test this week.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE- Pressure test done reading highpressure ? but low pressure light coming on ,WTF
disconnected pressure sensor if light comes on this week then its electrical,

high pressure could be from a faulty relief valve on the oil pump , but doesn`t explain light . Any ideas i`m stumped.:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.