Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday morning 6.30am heading to the airport 3 beeps flash of the Stop and Oil light, thought low on oil so stopped and topped up ( always carry oil and coolant) , 5 mins later 3 beeps and Oil Pressure Insufficient comes up , drive on stopping every so-often to check oil -
make it home ok ,

so far i have changed oil sensor still 3 beeps

took sump off checked for blockage still 3 beeps

changed coolant sensor still 3 beeps

took out oil filter and checked still 3 beeps

took reading for codes ( launch system) no codes still 3 beeps

buying better oil tomorrow ,see if that helps(using 5w 40 the last 20,000miles always used 10w 40 before that, think i`ll go back to it)

and the oil pump is throwing oil up and car running fine,

Anything i missed or any ideas?(don`t want to change oil pump for the beeps to stay and i still think it`s not the oil pump)

G

·
Genuine oil filter? When i were in t'trade, back in model T days, the most common cause of oil pressure problems was pattern filters.

G

·
Good result Swollocks! If nothing else, you haven't got to worry about a service for a while now.

I never use anything except OE or high quality atermarket, mainly MAHLE or Purflux.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE- Effing Beeps are back, 1 week and 1000 miles they are back ,

Totally stumped , must be electrical,

Can the running temp of the car affect oil pressure , car seems hotter but not reading hot on the gauge !!!!!!

Must try and find someone to pressure test this week.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE- Pressure test done reading highpressure ? but low pressure light coming on ,WTF
disconnected pressure sensor if light comes on this week then its electrical,

high pressure could be from a faulty relief valve on the oil pump , but doesn`t explain light . Any ideas i`m stumped.:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.