Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I want to ask you about the alarm's wire system of the 308. Today, after going to a resto, i regrettably found that the small window on the driver's side was broken/forced (then they managed to open the car from the inside and accessed the trunk and the compartment and stolen as much as they could). That being said, what was a surprise is that the alarm didn't work, and it's because near the wheel they were two wires cutted off, that apparently deactive all the system. So, is it as easy as it seems? is there a way to prevent this? I'm thinking about next time!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Sorry to hear your pug has been done over, some times the manufactures get things wrong. I had a ford transit connect once and if some one put a hacksaw blade in between the gap between the rear doors and the vans body and cut the wiring loom, it would open the van and deactivate the immobiliser

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

C

·
0 Posts
Activate the deadlocking and it can't be opened from inside.

Does your 308 even have an alarm? Only fitted to SE and GT/GTi from the factory. T' was a dealer fit pre-delivery option on other specs, at least in the UK.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Sorry to hear your pug has been done over, some times the manufactures get things wrong. I had a ford transit connect once and if some one put a hacksaw blade in between the gap between the rear doors and the vans body and cut the wiring loom, it would open the van and deactivate the immobiliser
That's not quite correct you can indeed open a connect using the method described but only the key can deactivate an immobiliser that's the whole point no key no starty :)

I agree with chopper most pugs DO NOT have an alarm fitted as std.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Activate the deadlocking and it can't be opened from inside.

Does your 308 even have an alarm? Only fitted to SE and GT/GTi from the factory. T' was a dealer fit pre-delivery option on other specs, at least in the UK.
The alarms where not fitted to the SE model as standard. it was an optional extra (my 308 SE has deadlocking but no alarm) I believe that the GT and GTI where with alarm as standard fit.

That said the alarm is only as good as those who take any notice of them and actually call the police or thump the thieves....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts