Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, 3 push and twist type bulbs. I have LEDs with a double thickness of opaque white diffuser to stop bright spots.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I will have to see what mine is like whether if i need to dismantle it to get at the bulbs or if they are leds and soldered onto a circuit board. Also where did you get your bulbs for the instrument and multifunction display

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I will have to see what mine is like whether if i need to dismantle it to get at the bulbs or if they are leds and soldered onto a circuit board. Also where did you get your bulbs for the instrument and multifunction display
Looks good, but looks like it could be quite bright at night time? Does it work with the standard dash dimmer?

After driving the new 308, all my Dashboard and buttons are cool white LED and I hate looking at orange dashboards now!

·
Registered
441 Posts
That's the look i'm after want everything that is lit orange to be cool white. Although I'd have any colour over orange :D. Just need to find out if they are any kits available to do everything or what type of leds I need to get for each section.
Find out what size they are, IIRC on the 206 they're 1206 format (0,12" x 0,06"), and approximate count. Then you can get SMD LEDs off eBay for a few dollars for 50-100 pcs.
Here's one link to a seller with various count, colour and sizes: 0603 0805 1206 3528 5630 5050 Colorful SMD SMT LED Light Bright

Takes a while to get from China, but you can probably find a UK reseller with faster delivery but likely a bit more money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
From what I've read in a thread from a few years ago it's an orange film/plastic in front of the screen, so you have to remove everything then carefully remove the orange film and replace it with clear

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm glad you kike it. It makes the job worthwhile.
I got all the bulbs from Crazy LEDs. Do a search for 307, and the dial LEDs are all that comes up. They are TINY, and way beyond my abilities. I eventually found a local PC repair shop that did micro soldering, and they did it for me.

The MFD change is simple. They are 509t blue LEDs, with a white diffuser to replace the orange one. There is a kit that has the bulbs and diffuser, but I do not recall where I got it, Pretty sure it was CrazyLed as well.

The dial treatment is courtesy of dials4u2010 on eBay. There were a couple of alignment issues to begin with, but working with him, we managed to get the vinyl to be spot on. He also went to the trouble of making some up to my own design. All in all, I think we had about 4 tries until we got it perfect. Anyone who buys the kit now should get the one that I helped to get right.
If you do decide to get a kit, ask him if you will be getting the same template as was made with the help of ffocus99 (my eBay name). He did not charge me any extra at all for the extra work he put into my design etc, and the total cost was £6,50 including the postage.

Once I fitted the vinyl (using a torch illuminating the optics behind the panel to make getting it placed properly) I bought some gloss lacquer, and gave two nice thin coats letting each dry for a few hours. I then sanded smooth with some fine wet and dry, and gave a further thick coat of gloss.
You can get it with glossed vinyl, but at the time he only had matte.

I have not yet fitted the dash into the car or put the plastic cover on it because I am having a problem with the rev counter. It will not go over 2,500 RPM. It just stops and clicks. Putting the needle at zero, starting the car shows around 800 RPM for idle. If I then rev the car til the needle stops, it drops back down to below zero. I take the needle off, put it back on zero, and the same thing happens.

I have heard it said somewhere I think, that someone had a tacho fault, and it was cured doing a BSi reset. Can anyone confirm that please?

Apart from the tacho issue, I am really leased how it looks. Unique springs to mind. It may not be to everyone's taste, but blue is my fave color, and blue and whit is my fave combo (my bike is blue and white).

Thank you for the interest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts