Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having problems with my 2006 1.4hdi diesel 206 Peugeot. My husband has put on a new starter motor and alternator an a new heavy duty battery and still my battery isn't charging. My battery light came on today and this is how it started before changing all the parts. Any ideas what else could be the problem? I'm fed up stressing where and when I'm gonna break down and how much it's all costing, any advice would be great thank you.

·
4,158 Posts
Hi......has it failed to start or is it just the battery light thats worrying you....has he checked the voltage at the battery,(with a meter)when the engine is running?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It wouldn't start originally, hence changing start motor, then we changed alternator coz thought we had knackered alternator by starter motor not working. Then other day the battery light on and day or so later I couldn't start her and had no power. Put on new battery and all been fab for about a week, now battery light come on for last day and so I'm worried that battery is about to die again, it's brand new battery so should be working, but seems something is amiss as its not keeping charge. Will get hubby to check voltage tho as u mentioned, not sure if he has

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.