Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I used this french video a week ago which showed me everything I needed to know. It is changing a battery in a 308 2L Blue HDI 150cv but it gives you all the right pointers. I am by no means mechanically minded but even I could follow this.

Pointers to consider

I have a 308 GT which has more space between the battery and the air filter. This meant I didnt need to take the air filter off to get access to the 10mm nuts.

The right hand nut of the battery retaining bracket has a spike in the centre which means you cannot get it off with a standard socket ratchet and 10mm socket. I didnt have the right tool (as shown in video) but I was able to wriggle the battery free by just taking the left hand nut off.

Once the new battery is fitted you will need to reset\reprogramme your keys for remote access (see your car manual)
You may also need to reset the electric windows safety feature.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Sinisha, glad your battery replacement went well👍
did you make a “fitting a new battery” video? 🤔😉
Nope, I didn't. But, really it is not big issue. On the 1.6 diesel there is no need to remove any hose or air filter housing. Only battery cover. Unscrew Torx bolt and slide the cover like it is shown on the video above. After that remove two 10mm bolts which fix the battery itself. Remove Positive clamp lifting it up and negative clamp fixed with 10mm bolt. And that's it. Slide the battery up and forward and remove it.

Motor vehicle Hood Car Trunk Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I almost changed the battery. Yes, you have to unscrew those screws and remove the parts before you remove the battery. It's not a special science. So open the driver's window and turn off the power to the hood and wait 3 minutes and remove the battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts