Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This question has probably popped up 100 times but none seems to be answered i got this fault come up on the dash it started "depollution system faulty" then changed to "battery or electrical supply fault" it stopped running and i had to be recovered,i replaced the alternator and the battery it ran for a day then same issue started and car stopped again can anyone suggest where i should go next as im a bit stumped,

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Could be something as simple as a ground cable not making contact somewhere, or water in the fuse box etc.
Basic check for supply and/or ground fault would be to use a jumper cable, clamp one end [both terminal clamps] to the negative battery terminal and the other ends, one to the motor onto a handy metal point and the other to the body and see if it starts/runs. If it does, remove the ground cables that connect the battery to the body and the body to the engine, check for continuity [they have been known to fracture internally] then replace them after cleaning the contact surfaces and lubing with a bit of copper grease. Just looking at the connections to the body/motor and deciding they look good is NOT good enough!! ;)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Oh, and if you get it scanned with PP2000/Diagbox and find a multitude of faults that have 'intermittent' in the description, it points to a bad electrical supply. Note them down, clear faults, rescan and see which reappear. This will help diagnose where the issue might be in the supply/fuse etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts