Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced a new battery 5 months ago on Peugeot partner 2011 last night the battery sign came on dashboard and while I was driving down hill switched off the car but didn't start with ignition then I had to start it on 3rd gear and it was fine after few minutes the battery sign came back on dashboard then while driving it the lights started to fade and all lost all lights and the car stalled, I checked the the battery for a green light it was ok then checked all wires and fuses they were all ok as well I tried to turn on the car but didn't even start. So these signs looks like alternator or battery? Also the car starts by pushing but when you take of the car battery Negative or Positive the engine stops straight away. I'm thinking to change the alternator to see if the goes back to normal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its the alternator and your battery is maybe going out (if you have warranty on it swap it or charge it). Also check grounds for rust, that can also cause the problems when starting the car. Btw bump starting a car is not recommended, you can cause some engine damage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. It was Alternator problem now I have replaced it with a new Alternator and the car is Back to normal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts