Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am a newbie here so nice to meet you all! I have been reading up on this fault over the last week trying to find a solution on the internet. I myself had this message appear last week. I had been doing some MOT repairs (new front coil spring, new wheel cylinders) and I also changed the gear box oil as I managed to lose quite a bit when the drive shaft dropped out. Anyway I took it for a drive round the block just to give it a bit of a run before I booked it back into the MOT station and this message popped up. Given that the car hadn't driven for a while it didn't take long before the car conked out on me. When I tried to start the engine everything just flickered on the dash board and there was a lot of clicking noises.

I have checked with a multimeter and the alternator isn't outputting to the battery, with the engine running the voltage drops to about 10V after start up then continues to deplete as the electronics in the car use up the juice. There is however continuity between the positive on the battery and the B+ on the alternator. Belt is still intact.

I just wondered if there is anything I might have missed before I shell out for a new alternator, it just seems strange that it should stop working just like that!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for reply. Forgot to mention the car is a 06 reg 207 1.4 sport. Would I test for a bad earth with a multimeter?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi. I remember clicking sounds (maybe similar to yours) when my battery was dead.
Here is video when my pug was not starting. https://youtu.be/gnwUV519mpw There was no Eco mode indication and battery seemed fine.
But it was almost dead- start capacity was below 25%, that's why it could not turn on.
Also i can mention that it was original Varta battery and it lasted about 9 years
So i changed the battery and its fine again. Rollin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
As far as I can tell problem solved, alternator purchased from French Connection salvage, there is now 14V at battery. Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts