Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long should a VARTA stop start battery last on a 1.6 blue hdi 120 S/S, the reason i'm asking...
i've seen a message on the screen a couple of time's last week, some thing like going into eco mode after turning the ignition on, and this morning i noticed the red battery light on the dash board flashed as opposed to staying on prior to starting the engine.the battery light on the dashboard did go off after starting. is it time to get a new battery fitted.

·
Registered
201 Posts
how long should a VARTA stop start battery last on a 1.6 blue hdi 120 S/S, the reason i'm asking...
i've seen a message on the screen a couple of time's last week, some thing like going into eco mode after turning the ignition on, and this morning i noticed the red battery light on the dash board flashed as opposed to staying on prior to starting the engine.the battery light on the dashboard did go off after starting. is it time to get a new battery fitted.
If you get 3 years that's normal from what ive seen posted on here, Mine is 5 years plus and still going ok, but i did have a few random eco alerts when it was pretty cold a few months back which i took to be a sign that it was on its way out - but its been fine since its warmed up. Tanya Batteries look to be decent website for stop start replacement batteries - they had one for circa £100 when i last checked their website,

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
I replaced mine at 3.5 years, partly due to the SS not working and the Eco mode coming on very quickly, but also because the voltage seemed to constantly be around 15.2v, and was blowing the aftermarket LEDs in the number plate and boot.
New battery from Tayna (Endurolast) and all was well again.
The old battery is still working fine in a Vivaro van, starting very reliably.
I don't think the "intelligent" or "smart" charging in the Peugeot lives up to its name.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is a straight forward job replacing the main battery, or is a job for a garage....

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
is a straight forward job replacing the main battery, or is a job for a garage....
Depends on your skill level with basic tools.
Some people will find it easy enough where as others wouldn't.

Open the bonnet & have a look to see if you will be comfortable enough to attempt swopping the battery.

·
Premium Member
3,060 Posts
There is nothing difficult in changing the battery, but if you have any doubts, get a professional to do it. If you get things wrong you could cause expensive damage.
Just make sure whoever does it keeps to the three minute rule.

Most difficult bit is moving all the stuff in front of the battery in order to get it out.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i had the red battery light appear on the dash, FLASHING & the message on the info screen...GOING INTO ECONOMY MODE, i've booked it in to the main dealers on tuesday to see if it's the BATTERY or ALTERNATOR, place your bet's, which is it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
well it looks like it's all sorted (investigated into battery light flashing) carried out checks found low battery voltage new battery required.fitted new battery & all ok, i looked at replacing the battery myself, but looking at it i decided to leave well alone, if there's a problem i can take it back, the battery was £118, the labour charge was £84.00 for fitting & the diagnosis V.A.T was £40.48 as a plus the eco mode kicked in for the first time in over a couple of month's, i kept the replaced battery as a friend would like it to use on her electric fencing in her horse field, i put my multi meter across the terminals & it was reading 12.5 volt's, i do not generally do short run's in the car, my commute to & from work is a 90 mile round trip, this is on a 17 plate allure 1.6 blue hdi 120 stop start.not bad as it's 4 years old.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have a 2015 1.6 Allure & just had the original battery changed for same reason. Stop/start works again, no economy mode warnings plus interior lights have stopped flickering so a definite win!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts