Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya can anyone point me in the right direction.. got a 807 2003 2.2 hdi executive se. had it for 8 months now but for some reason it has problems starting in the morning and once not enough power to turn over bought a new battery for it the alternater is putting out 14 volts but im still getting the same problem and its only overnight it happens. cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
406 battery going flat too

manity said:
hiya can anyone point me in the right direction.. got a 807 2003 2.2 hdi executive se. had it for 8 months now but for some reason it has problems starting in the morning and once not enough power to turn over bought a new battery for it the alternater is putting out 14 volts but im still getting the same problem and its only overnight it happens. cheers
I've just had the same problem with my 406..HDI 1999 (T) Replaced the battery last night after it had gone completely flat 2 or 3 times over the course of 3 weeks. Went to start the car this morning and the solenoid wouldn't even click as the battery is so discharged.

I checked the current drain last week (before I changed the battery) and it settled down at about 17mA 3 or 4 minutes after locking. When running the alternator spits out 14V.

Has anyone any idea what can cause such a massive current drain to flatten a brand new battery in less than 12 hours?

Thanks,
Nat

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi further to the problem of starting overnight. ichanged my starter motor to a recon one a friend said when starters start to wear out they can draw alot more power from the battery when they are cold making it look like its a flat battery. seems to have worked so far its starting fine at the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts