Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is 307 HDI 90 year 2002 manual. Got no problem at all since I bought it and fuel saving car. Suddenly, during this cold weather it is very hard to start. It seems like running out of battery power.

I jump start my car yesterday, and everything is fine, until tonight (-5 degree) , I do jump start again and dashboard give these errors:
1- ABS Faulty
2- Battery Charge Fault
3- Passenger airbag deactivated

STOP sign flashing and car when off.

BUT, if I remain the jumper cable with other car, there is no error at all, when I unplugged/ took off the cable, the error pop-up again.

Anybody have the same problem like this?

I plan to buy a new battery tomorrow.

·
Registered
207 Posts
you need to check that the alternator is in proper working order, unless it is a very old battery there must be an issue somewhere that is draining the battery, or the alternator is not charging it properly.

yes the new battery might fix the issue but just double check the alternator.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi!
A cisco307hdi said..
You will need to have a look a the alternator.

If you put at multimeter to the battery it should show Just over 14 volts when engine is running...

happy new year 😀

·
Registered
207 Posts
A fully working battery doesnt just go flat on a daily runner unless something is wrong. Either something is left on, and it can be something silly like the boot light.

So first point of call always try to find why the battery has gone flat in the first place.

P

·
0 Posts
I would get a diagnostic ran on the car to see if any damage how been done jumping the car.

Well documented problems with 307's when they have been jumped. Messes up the ecu/bsi.

Maybe try a bsi reset, you may get lucky.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts