Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys, really need some help

My battery went flat today and after getting it charged the car would not start, it turns over but does not start.

I have tried the BSI Reboot Procedure 5 times but still no good, and after trying this the drivers window is stuck down, it is also displaying ECO Mode.

I had PP connected earlier, it did not recognize the VIN, I had to manually go into the BSI and input the VIN number myself, it now displays it.
I also found this following info which I think is where my problem lies....

Engine Control Unit Locked - YES
Transponder marker Recognized - NO
Number Of Keys Learnt - 0
BSI Paired with Engine management - NO
Anti Scanning BSI - NO
Blank BSI - YES

Is there a way I can re-program the BSI and get it to talk to the ECU to get it to work again or is there anything else I can do?

I carried out a DPF delete about 12 months ago, and actually have the image from the ECU, could I just reflash the ECU with this or am I barking up the wrong tree and and it all lies with the BIS?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for your reply,

I have been playing with it this morning, I have had to switch on some setting and some others off, but by doing this i have managed to get the windows and central locking working.
I have a new battery on order too.

Still wont start though as you say i need the 4 digit code which i seem to have missplaced so ill see bettyswallocks about in a min.

When i "reprograme" using Peugeot Plannet, is it just a case of going through the Auto Configuration? or do i have to go into different stuff?

Also what do i do about the keys? (It is saying that there are '0' keys programmed) as far as i know they can only be programmed the once, or will they come back to life once the BSI has been reprogrammed?

Thanks in advance

Bettysollocks, I've contacted you Via E-mail about Vin to Pin, so if you are reading this could you get back to me please, Thanks :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Key has already been programmed to THAT car so can be reprogrammed to that car only

Trustme can get the codes you need.
Thank for that :)

Yes I have just read in another thread that Trust me can get the Vin to Pin so I'm happy to pay him for this service, He actually done some work for me on my Comms unit a couple of years ago which is still going strong :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well had some fun with this tonight, got the PIN from BettySollocks, managed to reinstall the BSI and reprogram the keys and got it running :grin: Only problem I have now is the central locking has got crazy, the central locking motor is continually going round can't stop it at all, and the remote locking does not work from the key
any ideas on this?
Apart from that I am well chuffed that it is running again
I have a new battery on order so have carried out the procedure for dissconnecting the battery and have left it disconnected until I get the new battery, don't wanna go through this again

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
You need to go into bsi and check all configuration, bring a pen and paper , if you change anything and it's not right always keep a note of what you change so you can put it back

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I recently had to reprogram a BSI for a member after the BSI got corrupted after he tried jump starting due to a bad battery. His central locking was going crazy as in it would lock the car by itself. I went through the whole BSI options and set them to match the cars fitted options but it was still doing it.

I'm guessing it was down to a low battery, maybe ensuring the car was locked while there was still power in the battery to operate the motors. While I was there the battery dropped to a level where it wouldn't operate the central locking to unlock the car but the door unlocked with the key. He jump started the car again while I was there and the central locking started working again with the engine running but still locked the doors by itself. I told him to either get a new battery or fully charge the one on the car and call me if he still had issues. That was a couple of weeks ago so he either sorted the battery and all is well or he hasn't got the battery sorted out yet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, maybe it's just the fact the battery that is on it is no good, I have a brand new 1 on order anyway, I am not going to play with it until that has arrived
I also changed loads of the configuration settings to what i though they should be, if the new battery does not rectify this I'll go through all the settings again and put them back and change them 1 at a time, hopefully it will fix it

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Well had some fun with this tonight, got the PIN from BettySollocks, managed to reinstall the BSI and reprogram the keys and got it running
Only problem I have now is the central locking has got crazy, the central locking motor is continually going round can't stop it at all, and the remote locking does not work from the key
any ideas on this?
Apart from that I am well chuffed that it is running again
I have a new battery on order so have carried out the procedure for dissconnecting the battery and have left it disconnected until I get the new battery, don't wanna go through this again
You have just knackerd your door actuators because the locking was set up wrong in the bsi so you need to change the settings and replace the actuators

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh really? That's not good! Any idea what they should be set to?
I'll have to disconnect them and then keep my eye open on Ebay for a second had set

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I currently have the battery disconnected atm, I tried to enter the car using the key to manually unlock it, but could not get it to unlock, So I am locked out, should I reconnect the battery, and risk not waking the car up slowley to try and get in?
Bonnet is unlocked

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
I would have thought that the door would unlock with the key with or without the battery as a safeguard against being locked out with a dead battery seeing as you need the passenger door open to easily open the bonnet to replace the battery.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts