Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have to revert to the knowledge of more experienced people on here.
I have a 107 and it was sold to me unkowingly with a battery drain fault.

I had the alternator checked and battery changed to rule them out, new battery was put in.

I done a parasitic test and I found that I had a drain of 0.08 amps, went through the fuses under the bonnet and the 7.5 amp fuse (blue) which was for the radio, interior lights among a few others was the drain.
I took the fuse out and the test dropped to 0.02 and from what I have read equates to 200 milliamps which is fine.

Went throught the usual of checking wiring, disconnecting everything on the lines and it didnt drop until it came to the speedo, I unplugged the larger white of the two plugs at the top of the rear of the speedo and the reading dropped to again 0.02, so now I know it has something to do with this.
I ordered a replacement speedo thinking it could be that but it wasnt, i then done a test with the fuses on the speedo, pulled them out one at a time and there was no drop from the 0.08.

It is something to do with the white plug at the rear of the speedo, what that runs to i dont know.

Does anyone have a copy or a link to the wiring diagram of the car so I can chase it down.

On another not I have noticed the the interior light is on when I turn it to the on position but when I turn it to the option to come on when the doors open and without a door being opened the light is on but not as bright as when I turn it to the constantly on setting.

Many thanks for any guidance.

Ian

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
I have to revert to the knowledge of more experienced people on here.
I have a 107 and it was sold to me unkowingly with a battery drain fault.

I had the alternator checked and battery changed to rule them out, new battery was put in.

I done a parasitic test and I found that I had a drain of 0.08 amps, went through the fuses under the bonnet and the 7.5 amp fuse (blue) which was for the radio, interior lights among a few others was the drain.
I took the fuse out and the test dropped to 0.02 and from what I have read equates to 200 milliamps which is fine.

Went throught the usual of checking wiring, disconnecting everything on the lines and it didnt drop until it came to the speedo, I unplugged the larger white of the two plugs at the top of the rear of the speedo and the reading dropped to again 0.02, so now I know it has something to do with this.
I ordered a replacement speedo thinking it could be that but it wasnt, i then done a test with the fuses on the speedo, pulled them out one at a time and there was no drop from the 0.08.

It is something to do with the white plug at the rear of the speedo, what that runs to i dont know.

Does anyone have a copy or a link to the wiring diagram of the car so I can chase it down.

On another not I have noticed the the interior light is on when I turn it to the on position but when I turn it to the option to come on when the doors open and without a door being opened the light is on but not as bright as when I turn it to the constantly on setting.

Many thanks for any guidance.

Ian
Hi Ian,

Did you ever get to the bottom of you battery issue on the Peugeot, I am having the same problem with my daughters 107 and I cannot get to the rough cause of the fault.

Mark

·
6,462 Posts
Remove and check interior light, water can leak in via radio aerial and corrode the switch which allows current to leak via the bulb but not enough to light it up

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts