1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
First post so please go gentle on me.
Purchased 307cc (124k on clock) last October
Passenger window stopped working on door buttons but continued to work on main rooftop down/up function and then that ceased to work
Purchased replacement motor and Z frame and had garage fit it, Window does sit properly, like the heel/toe is slighly unaligned. As its just me using the car this isnt a biggie however since all of this happened, If the car isnt started every day the battery gets drained flat. I originally had a new battery fitted in Jan 2021 but same is happening. There was a previous thread i was following but it was way old and i was advised to start a new thread, so here I am.

I dont want to spend out £££'s on a car electrician , im not tight but ive already spent out 30% on the original cost so far, im trying to make it viable to keep.
Any comments and suggestions would be appreciated. Its not boot light / glove box light or any fancy radio. No modifications.

Thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
You need to check what drain is happening on the battery when the car is shut down and locked. It might be the BSI not fully turning off so perhaps a reboot on that might fix it. Read " Procedure for battery disconnection" in the "How to guides and tutorial" selection by selecting Forum General then How to etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to check what drain is happening on the battery when the car is shut down and locked. It might be the BSI not fully turning off so perhaps a reboot on that might fix it. Read " Procedure for battery disconnection" in the "How to guides and tutorial" selection by selecting Forum General then How to etc.
Thanks , will do. Any other tips from anyone else?

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Its not a game show. You ask, we respond with advice, you carry that out and then we find if it is fix or fail!

·
8,935 Posts
Does it have any after market electrical assessories such as radio tracker or similar

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its not a game show. You ask, we respond with advice, you carry that out and then we find if it is fix or fail!
I'm not to sure if by hook or by crook it's behaving itself. I have the internal facia left off the passenger door. The electrics are all still plumbed in however. The car does suffer from a normal lit display which turns into a feint blur once mobile and driving. What could be causing that?

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
As the entry stated. Look at the earth connections for tightness and/or rust. Best to disconnect them all not just battery one. Same with engine connections.

·
3,949 Posts
make sure the battery is fully charged....a partially charged battery will lose its voltage as well....what is the battery voltage..?

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
Battery was fitted new in Jan this year so it should be in good nick but it is always a good thing to check the condition of the battery using a load meter which allows current and voltage to be checked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you for your advice. I'm slowly learning more about the electrics as I go along so thank you all for your valid input. Going to look at all earthing connections and see if i can find a naughty little fkr thats possibly causing this.

·
3,949 Posts
Battery was fitted new in Jan this year so it should be in good nick but it is always a good thing to check the condition of the battery using a load meter which allows current and voltage to be checked.
Battery was fitted this year.....but is it fully charged...any electrical test starts with a fullly charged battery

1 - 14 of 14 Posts