Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
planning on doing a bsi reset,as the battery has a cover on it and you have to take it of to get to the earth do you just disconnect the live to do a reset?

·
12,136 Posts
Yep, disconnect live, leave a while then follow the instructions.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
also another question on the 308 1.6 hdi to clean egr would it be better to remove battery for more room,for some reason im panicking about disconnecting the battery as have read reports of problems after reconnection?

·
12,136 Posts
If you do the BSI reset you should be OK. The only problems I've seen are when people jump the car or don't follow the BSI instructions.

The EGR is hard to reach on most Pugs, I'd imagine it would help to take off the battery.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you do the BSI reset you should be OK. The only problems I've seen are when people jump the car or don't follow the BSI instructions.

The EGR is hard to reach on most Pugs, I'd imagine it would help to take off the battery.
thanks very much gibbo,planning on cleaning it to try and get to the bottom of my power problems.

D

·
0 Posts
Remove all the wiper scuttle panel also and the wiper arms. You won't get at the egr otherwise.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right cleaned egr valve today,what a nightmare of a job,it was not too bad for 40,000 anyway still has not returned the power to my car.i am at a loss now what to check next,no codes stored any ideas what to check next?its had full service maf sensor?

·
12,136 Posts
They do stick, but they usually only cause braking issues - hard pedal.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
new brake servo pipe came today and fitted it and my problems of lack of turbo power has completely gone car is 100 percent right,brakes are brilliant and the car is a lot lot smoother cant believe a one way check valve can cause the lack of power i had but if you have similar problems on your car and it shares the vacuum for the brakes with the turbo check your pipe you never know it could be this.very very pleased now the car drives like new.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts