Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive managed to do this again except this time on my 2nd 307.

This one is a 3door. Battery dead and key wont turn in the lock. Iv tried laying underneath to pull the bonnet cable to open the bonnet but my arm wont go up past the radiator.
Iv been able to get to the bonnet catch with a screwdriver but i cant seem to open it. What should i be trying to get the catch undone?

One other thing the rear windows are left open (3door) so i can get in slightly but not enough. I was able to undo the one bolt that is used to push the window open/closed but what else holds it in place? If i could remove this window i could maybe get into the car this way?

G

·
0 Posts
Are you a member of the AA or similar?

If not your 'passenger' who is may be stranded with you......:thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly i am not a member and i do not know anyone who is a member of the AA.
Last time i ended up drilling the pop rivets of the door lock and i was able to get to a bar which operated the locking mechanism. However i only have an air drill and i cant get an airline out to where the car is so this isnt an option this time.

G

·
0 Posts
If you can reach the bonnet latch with a screwdriver, have someone push down on the bonnet to take the pressure off the spring/latch and it 'may' open..?

Storemans idea is better though, it is also used for cars with no door locks and a flat battery..:nono:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Not sure that telling anybody on a forum that can be googled how to break into a car is a good idea :eek: maybe by PM would be better :nod:

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Not sure that telling anybody on a forum that can be googled how to break into a car is a good idea :eek: maybe by PM would be better :nod:
Can't see how anyone has explained how to break into a car.

Connecting a battery the way I mentioned will only allow entry if you also have the key or remote. Being able to open the bonnet to allw fitting a new battery or to remove the existing battery for charging will also only allow entry to the car with the remote or the key.

As for the OP's question about how to remove the window, the window is already partially open and a car thief would already know much easier ways than us on how to gain entry to the car. Any opportunist wanting to get in would simply smash a window.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts