Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
When I bought my 3008 hyrbid4 the battery suggested that I could go 42km on a full charge. Now after 1 month I only come up to 30km on a full charge. I don't have a power wall yet so only charging through 220V.

I talked to a Peugeot dealer and he said that it was normal and that the milage shown is based on my driving behavior. Ok so in the beginning I was eager and played a bit but the last weeks I have been very careful and only been driving in eco. But still the suggested milage dont change!?

Also I would like to be able to reset this, is there a setting.
Also I would like to see the condition of the battery, to be able to see if the deterioration of the battery is worse than promised from Peugeot. Is there a service mode so I can get that info?

How do you perceive you battery status? Please describe you experience.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi!
When I bought my 3008 hyrbid4 the battery suggested that I could go 42km on a full charge. Now after 1 month I only come up to 30km on a full charge. I don't have a power wall yet so only charging through 220V.

I talked to a Peugeot dealer and he said that it was normal and that the milage shown is based on my driving behavior. Ok so in the beginning I was eager and played a bit but the last weeks I have been very careful and only been driving in eco. But still the suggested milage dont change!?

Also I would like to see the condition of the battery, to be able to see if the deterioration of the battery is worse than promised from Peugeot. Is there a service mode so I can get that info?

I've had mine for a few months now. Here are my observations...

1. Driving miss daisy, keeping power in eco mode and using regenerative braking B mode around town gets me about 25 to 30 miles on a full charge. However, motorway use or dual carriage way above 50mph gets me 10 to 15 miles only.

2. The mileage range shown in the app and on the dashboard uses some form of predictive solution based upon recent driving. Sometimes a full charge for me says 11 miles! However, that's usually because I put it in rocket ship mode (sport) at some point in the recent driving. If you drive around like driving miss daisy for several trips it should push back up to showing 25 to 30 or so miles on a full charge.

3. The consumption app on the info display or whatever the big screen is called does not work. It shows mpg but the battery consumption part has the wrong y axis scale so that the actual histogram bars are tiny at the bottom of the y axis. This means it is effectively useless. Whether this is an error which I've flagged up to Peugeot or deliberate obfuscation to avoid consumers from knowing about the poor battery mileage I don't know but I am suspicious.

N

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Nickc72 for your response!
I have now been driving eco for a while and without sports-mode. Been on the motorway which I usually do. Still the suggested mileage range is still decreasing, now 28km for a full charged battery. It is still warm outside and roughly the same temperature during my investigation. Somehow when I bought the car, slightly second hand 6 months old from the peugeot dealer, I remember cleary that the mileage shown was above 40km. The dealer is situated outside of town and can only be reached by motorway. So I assume the situation and condition is the same. But still this big discrepancy.
So I assume you can reset this predictive algorithm somehow.

Overall I am very satisfied with the car. The back camera is crap, the screen solution is slow and sluggish some times. Bluetooth is not as seamless as it should. And I can not install external apps, don't know why. But still satisfied.
If the car would have double the battery capacity and the new screen solution that now is available with model 2021 I would never look back for other cars in the coming years.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Thx Nickc72 for your response!
I have now been driving eco for a while and without sports-mode. Been on the motorway which I usually do. Still the suggested mileage range is still decreasing, now 28km for a full charged battery. It is still warm outside and roughly the same temperature during my investigation. Somehow when I bought the car, slightly second hand 6 months old from the peugeot dealer, I remember cleary that the mileage shown was above 40km. The dealer is situated outside of town and can only be reached by motorway. So I assume the situation and condition is the same. But still this big discrepancy.
So I assume you can reset this predictive algorithm somehow.

Overall I am very satisfied with the car. The back camera is crap, the screen solution is slow and sluggish some times. Bluetooth is not as seamless as it should. And I can not install external apps, don't know why. But still satisfied.
If the car would have double the battery capacity and the new screen solution that now is available with model 2021 I would never look back for other cars in the coming years.
That does seem a bit low. Although motorway driving really does kill the range. Aerodynamics at the end of the day. The drag increases with velocity squared. So if your motorway driving is twice the speed of your urban driving you can expect motorway range to be as low as a quarter of urban range. So it all depends how much of your journey is on motorways.

Agree on your other points. Rear camera is a complete waste of time and the infotainment system must be powered by a zx spectrum.

But, it's big, comfortable, fast, low company car tax, and pretty good off road.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought my GT Hybrid 4 at end of September 2020. It had 39 miles range on pick up from dealer and has gradually been getting less and less. I only drive in town mostlt with little motorway or fast road driving. The max range on a full charge I am getting is a very disappointing 12 - 16 miles 😩. Is this normal as it defeats to object of having a hybrid.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I bought my GT Hybrid 4 at end of September 2020. It had 39 miles range on pick up from dealer and has gradually been getting less and less. I only drive in town mostlt with little motorway or fast road driving. The max range on a full charge I am getting is a very disappointing 12 - 16 miles . Is this normal as it defeats to object of having a hybrid.
About right if it is cold and/or you have a heavy foot and/or you drive above 40mph. If all 3 are the case then you'll get 10 to 20 miles on a charge.

I'm with you. Very disappointing. However, I can get to work and back and a little more on a charge so fortunately I can rule all electric. It seems that all figures for PHEVs and EVs are not at all realistic.

My neighbour has a Tesla model 3. He doesn't get the battery mileage.

I think PHEVs really need a real world cold weather, normal driver, mixed speed range of about 40 or 50 miles. The hybrid4 should do 38 miles but there's really no chance of that.

Plus, if you put it in sport mode you can watch the battery deplete in real time. It's a bit like nitrous.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have the same problem and getting the same response from Peugeot. Collected the car in August 20. Was getting an electric range of 31 miles. Now just get 13. Total mileage on the car is 1535 miles. It’s only doing very short journeys due to lockdown. I changed to the hybrid 4 from the 2ltr GT. If I had known the electric range was so poor would not have changed. This car is not as advertised.

·
Registered
319 Posts
i have the same problem and getting the same response from Peugeot. Collected the car in August 20. Was getting an electric range of 31 miles. Now just get 13. Total mileage on the car is 1535 miles. It’s only doing very short journeys due to lockdown. I changed to the hybrid 4 from the 2ltr GT. If I had known the electric range was so poor would not have changed. This car is not as advertised.
Doug,

My range has further deteriorated and I'm not even using 4WD anymore in the wet and ice which saps juice.

I'm now down to just 8 miles on a charge. A far cry from the official 39 miles. Winter will of course bring this 39 down as will a heavy foot but not to 8 to 13 miles a charge. This is now very wrong.

My vehicle has been with the dealer all week and will be again for the most of next week as there's a problem with the integrated shower. There is an integrated shower is the problem. Pan roof leak although I wasnt so sure that this is the cause. We'll see.

However, I also asked they check the traction battery and sub systems which they did. It had a thorough going over and they have a report for me. Everything is working fine apparently and all systems have the latest software.

So, we must conclude this is a design problem. Either a major issue with the traction battery and or a major issue with the management solution.

Incidentally, do you have the upgraded fast charger in your vehicle? I have it on mine and curious to understand if the interaction between this and the battery is the problem.

Whatever the cause, if the dealer cant fix it and this is a common problem Peugeot are going to be facing a class action lawsuit pretty soon.

8 to 13 miles doesn't even get me to work and back so the entire economic calculation and argument for this vehicle is wrong.

Fortunately my car is company car through ARVAL so I'm planning to take it up with them after I've gathered some further data once the car actually comes back.

Was due to drive tomorrow for an urgent and critical lockdown approved family health matter but I have no car.

I will never acquire a Peugeot or PSA vehicle like ever again. It has been a shocking experience. I thought it might be a risk having come from Mercedes.

I should say the dealer has done their best as they are dependent on Peugeot so playing the cards they've been dealt. Can't really fault the dealer. They're waiting for parts from Peugeot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Doug,

My range has further deteriorated and I'm not even using 4WD anymore in the wet and ice which saps juice.

I'm now down to just 8 miles on a charge. A far cry from the official 39 miles. Winter will of course bring this 39 down as will a heavy foot but not to 8 to 13 miles a charge. This is now very wrong.

My vehicle has been with the dealer all week and will be again for the most of next week as there's a problem with the integrated shower. There is an integrated shower is the problem. Pan roof leak although I wasnt so sure that this is the cause. We'll see.

However, I also asked they check the traction battery and sub systems which they did. It had a thorough going over and they have a report for me. Everything is working fine apparently and all systems have the latest software.

So, we must conclude this is a design problem. Either a major issue with the traction battery and or a major issue with the management solution.

Incidentally, do you have the upgraded fast charger in your vehicle? I have it on mine and curious to understand if the interaction between this and the battery is the problem.

Whatever the cause, if the dealer cant fix it and this is a common problem Peugeot are going to be facing a class action lawsuit pretty soon.

8 to 13 miles doesn't even get me to work and back so the entire economic calculation and argument for this vehicle is wrong.

Fortunately my car is company car through ARVAL so I'm planning to take it up with them after I've gathered some further data once the car actually comes back.

Was due to drive tomorrow for an urgent and critical lockdown approved family health matter but I have no car.

I will never acquire a Peugeot or PSA vehicle like ever again. It has been a shocking experience. I thought it might be a risk having come from Mercedes.

I should say the dealer has done their best as they are dependent on Peugeot so playing the cards they've been dealt. Can't really fault the dealer. They're waiting for parts from Peugeot.

Hi Nick

Thank you for the update. This is my third new shape 3008. I had a GT Line. Then the GT, now the hybrid4. I like the car but the hybrid range is a disappointment.

I have the standard charger. I do very low milage so the advertised range of 32 miles would see me charging the car once a week. Now I'm charging 3 times.

Just got mine back from the dealer. They say everything with the battery system is ok, the car has learnt my driving style. This seems to be the standard response, now feeling that I have been fobbed off.

When I said I found it very odd that everyone on this forum seemed to have the same driving style they had no answer.

Mine is private ownership, not a company car. If it does not have the stated range it is not cost effective to keep due to the high road tax band, frequent charging and reduced petrol range with the smaller fuel tank.

When I first spoke to the garage about the range they told me to always drive the car till the engine cut in before charging. Now they have said charge it often. The car is meant to learn after 10 charging cycles.

If the milage Drops to 10 I will be stood in the dealerships managers in tray demanding an exchange of cars as it is not as advertised or fit for purpose.

I would be very interested in hearing joy things go with yours.

All the best

Doug

·
Registered
51 Posts
The temperature has been here from -5 to -25 and no e-mode at all. It looks that the car works OK only in warm countries.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Nick

Thank you for the update. This is my third new shape 3008. I had a GT Line. Then the GT, now the hybrid4. I like the car but the hybrid range is a disappointment.

I have the standard charger. I do very low milage so the advertised range of 32 miles would see me charging the car once a week. Now I'm charging 3 times.

Just got mine back from the dealer. They say everything with the battery system is ok, the car has learnt my driving style. This seems to be the standard response, now feeling that I have been fobbed off.

When I said I found it very odd that everyone on this forum seemed to have the same driving style they had no answer.

Mine is private ownership, not a company car. If it does not have the stated range it is not cost effective to keep due to the high road tax band, frequent charging and reduced petrol range with the smaller fuel tank.

When I first spoke to the garage about the range they told me to always drive the car till the engine cut in before charging. Now they have said charge it often. The car is meant to learn after 10 charging cycles.

If the milage Drops to 10 I will be stood in the dealerships managers in tray demanding an exchange of cars as it is not as advertised or fit for purpose.

All the best

Doug
My dealer said they had others in. Said it was the weather but I explained this would at the most mean a 40pc reduction in range and that's with all the heating elements on and air con on full etc. Not an 80pc reduction in range. Seemed to indicate without being quite explicit that I was on to something as I had a point.
Something very wrong here.
Let's keep each other informed and see how we get on.
I'll probably form a video log for evidence over multiple charge cycles. I have an external temperature display and transponder on the house so I can make a single video starting with the outside temp to the charge level and then go on a drive with a passenger filming and I'll do an odometer check etc. Generate conclusive indisputable evidence that this is misselling by Peugeot. They're in for a treat.

If Peugeot cant sort it ARVAL my company car people said they will sort them. I'll exchange it for what I should have got. A Volvo XC60 twin engine. Reason I didnt go for that was it was slightly more above my allowance. Extra 80 quid a month and the battery mileage was only about 28 miles from memory. But at least it was probably true miles as opposed to Peugeot miles. And the XC60 doesn't have all electric 4WD which meant I'd be using the combustion engine in the snow and ice to get 4WD. But now knowing what I know about the hybrid4 failure to meet the spec as sold I'd have been better off with the Volvo.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hi Nick

All the best

Doug
If you have a home charger Doug which I assume you have it might be worth checking the charging history in the charger app if you have one. I have a Project EV home charger.

I just checked and in the late summer when I got the car about 12kWhrs of energy was going in from empty to fully charged. Pretty consistent. That's now dropped to just under 11kWhrs. Not unexpected and still not more than a 10 pc drop.

Noting that it should be a 13.2kWhr battery so 12kWhr of energy from empty now has me suspicious because that's short!

But here's the thing. If we are getting a quarter to a fifth of the range but using the same amount of electric for the charge we are essentially paying 4 to 5 times as much per mile. That is now as expensive as simply running a car on petrol. In fact it is worse because we are carrying around 400kg of motors and traction battery.

So it makes the whole exercise utterly pointless.

Worth checking it out if you have a charger app and history is recorded.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My car will be serviced for one day on 12-Feb.
They promised to update all control boxes.
I will let you know if there are any improvements.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just read an article about Volkswagen Golf GTE Plug-In Hybrid.
It does not work in e-mode if temperature is below -10.
So it is not only Peugeot which has this problem.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I just read an article about Volkswagen Golf GTE Plug-In Hybrid.
It does not work in e-mode if temperature is below -10.
So it is not only Peugeot which has this problem.
So I think there are 2 problems. It not working in E mode at all at low temperatures which also includes only intermittently working at under 5 deg C. The other is the battery range fall off. I'm getting 8 miles per charge. So it is costing me more to run this car than a petrol or diesel.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi!

Är du från sverige ?
prövar på svenska just nu är det ca 10 grader minus i örebro jag kommer ca 1,8 mil nu i stan något längre på landsvägen. kör du värmesitsarna drar det en hel del. när det var 10-7 plusgrader ca 38 km min service tekniker sa att i sommar får du vara glad om du kommer 40-45 km på en ladning jag laddar både 22kw och vanliga 220 V laddningen

1 - 20 of 55 Posts