Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have had an ongoing issue with this warning signal/light on my 307 cc 07 reg.
It has successfully destroyed 3 batteries in the past 10 months!

- Car is started for at least 15 mins every two days.
- The AA have tested battery, charging system, and tested for electrical discharge but cause of discharged battery could not be identified. Suggested something is draining unusual amount of battery charge in the car.
- Warning signal displays intermittently after 5 minutes of driving the car.
- Known beforehand whether the warning signal will appear because the front left passenger window will not work and the left wing mirror will not open.
- As soon as warning signal appears, the heating in the car will turn off but will work immediately after if the car is restarted (again only for 5 minutes before the warning light appears).
- Warning signal displayed is "Battery charge or electrical supply faulty".
- Battery currently in the car was purchased a few months ago from Clarkins.

I recently replaced the alternator as Click Mechanic came and tested it and said the problem was that the alternator wasn't giving a steady reading as it was jumping from 14V to 11V to 13v to 10v. After going to a family friends' garage he fitted me with a new alternator; I expected everything to be working fine. However nothing in life is ever that easy...the error message is still appearing :confused:

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hey,

I have had an ongoing issue with this warning signal/light on my 307 cc 07 reg.
It has successfully destroyed 3 batteries in the past 10 months!

- Car is started for at least 15 mins every two days.
- The AA have tested battery, charging system, and tested for electrical discharge but cause of discharged battery could not be identified. Suggested something is draining unusual amount of battery charge in the car.
- Warning signal displays intermittently after 5 minutes of driving the car.
- Known beforehand whether the warning signal will appear because the front left passenger window will not work and the left wing mirror will not open.
- As soon as warning signal appears, the heating in the car will turn off but will work immediately after if the car is restarted (again only for 5 minutes before the warning light appears).
- Warning signal displayed is "Battery charge or electrical supply faulty".
- Battery currently in the car was purchased a few months ago from Clarkins.

I recently replaced the alternator as Click Mechanic came and tested it and said the problem was that the alternator wasn't giving a steady reading as it was jumping from 14V to 11V to 13v to 10v. After going to a family friends' garage he fitted me with a new alternator; I expected everything to be working fine. However nothing in life is ever that easy...the error message is still appearing :confused:

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?
sounds like there is a wiring fault with the small signal wire to the alternator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, would a normal garage be able to check this or would it have to be checked out by an auto electrician?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice guys.

How much roughly would this cost or how long should this roughly take?
I am trying to work out the most reliable (and cheapest) garage who can sort this issue but I am a little concerned that as a young female, they may take advantage and try and charge too much for the job.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I am trying to work out the most reliable (and cheapest) garage who can sort this issue but I am a little concerned that as a young female, they may take advantage and try and charge too much for the job.

just wondering if you ever got this figured out my peugeot 307 2008 has the same warning message coming on?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, any luck with is my wife is having the same issue with her 307cc

[
QUOTE="noahgoggins, post: 2284619, member: 482622"]
just wondering if you ever got this figured out my peugeot 307 2008 has the same warning message coming on?
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
197 Posts
My 307 cc had the same issue, I picked up a 680cca battery half price on a eurocarparts sale and used some spare heavy gauge cable left over from an amplifier installation to upgrade the ground points from the battery to the alternator and to the chassis of the car, it's been fine since

1 - 9 of 9 Posts