Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
307 1.6 HDI 2006
Got the above message & noticed the climate went off aswell. I noticed on turning off & restarting that we don`t have a battery warning lamp so I assume the message is a posh way of saying alternator is faulty or could it be something else?

Got the car home OK, but on the way to the local garage the power steering went heavy, dipped beam was going dim, then abs/airbag warning lights came on. Starter now just clicks outside the garage. Hopefully nothing else has been damaged...

J

·
0 Posts
Sounds like battery or alternator have given in... I'd expect this to be the alternator personally... had similar symptoms years back on an old Rover... headlights dimmed but would be OK in daytime... turned out alternator was working, but not enough to recharge under heavy loads.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turned out just to be the alternator belt, it was too dam cold, dark & busy to faff around so the village garage sorted it. Had them check for leaks so will get the driveshaft oil seals done next week

P

·
0 Posts
Z-Tronix Inc. serves the aerospace, appliance (white goods), automotive, power cord assembly, entertainment, factory automation, industrial (traffic control), lighting, marine, medical, pool & spa, and telecom industries. Our company's growth is based on providing our customers with exceptional service whie maintaing high standards of quality and efficiency.
Sorry what?:confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
307 1.6 HDI 2006
Got the above message & noticed the climate went off aswell. I noticed on turning off & restarting that we don`t have a battery warning lamp so I assume the message is a posh way of saying alternator is faulty or could it be something else?

Got the car home OK, but on the way to the local garage the power steering went heavy, dipped beam was going dim, then abs/airbag warning lights came on. Starter now just clicks outside the garage. Hopefully nothing else has been damaged...
please i am having the same problem, what did you do to repair this problem u had

1 - 6 of 6 Posts