Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days after having the timing belt replaced on my 407sw 2.0hdi it failed to start in the morning. Jump started ok. As the nights grow colder it's done this a few more times so I'm assuming the battery's on the way out. However, the alarm has also started going off spontaneously and I'm wondering whether any of this could be connected....or have I got a knackered battery and a spider in an a/c vent who creeps out and over the motion detector?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Usually my mechanic say`s to me when i say i have a problem is

"have you done anything different recently ? "

first thing get it on pp , check faults and strength of battery.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess what? Took the car to Zooanski who plugged it into planet with no obvious faults except the battery was not responding. Agreed that the best way forward was to replace the battery and see what happened. On the way back a little black fly came out of a vent and buzzed around the car. Managed to sqash it without crashing....no more alarm problems. Bosch replacement battery fits the whole of the tray when the old one was 20% smaller. So, knackered battery and fly not spider. Thanks go to Marc (Zooanski) for helping to get sorted. Top bloke!

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
haha thats quite comical :lol: id have a fly then a spider any day...funnily enough i just had one in mine...hit it with the road atlas...

could have been the alarm running the battery down...you could go to most garages and get your battery and charging system checked for free :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts