Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have just replaced my crappy manufactured peugeot speakers with some 110w kenwoods, in the front doors.

i have turned the bass up full, but its not very good.

is it because i have wired them up wrong, or is it because the head unit cant cope with these.

or is it something else?

G

·
Hi

As long as you observed the polarity of the speakers when fitting them, then its down to the head unit.

There are other tricks you can do to improve the sound - by fitting the speakers into the doors instead of the door trim, plus adding dynamat.

Adding an amp would help, but thats another story.

David

G

·
If you are running them off a standard head unit then yeah the sound will be pretty shocking

I'd recommend getting an after market one, with at least 50 watts per channel minimum :thumb:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok guys, thanks

what will i lose on my centre console, (temp etc)?

will i need any different connections in the rear of the stereo?

52 plate 1.6 rapier, petrol

G

·
Hi

If you swap the HU, you will loose the stalk unless you buy an expensive adapter for your new HU.

You will also loose the ability to set the date and also the trip computer.

D

G

·
Aye this is true, although i got my stalk adapter dirt cheap on ebay and did a lot of re-wiring myself to put it in (i hate having masses of cable behind the HU!)

You can still set the date and time afterwards though, cant comment on the trip computer as i dont have one :(

the default display with a non standard head unit is date, time and temp, you lose the current radio station/current cd track bit

And a 52 plate will have iso connections so no worries there :thumb:

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts